Department of EEE (University of Liverpool)
The Department of Electrical Engineering and Electronics at the University of Liverpool
The department has a long history in conducting outstanding research in wireless engineering. Sir Oliver Lodge was the first Professor in this area at the University.
Nowadays, the research activities in wireless engineering are mainly focused in the following areas:
- Antennas and radio propagation for wireless communications and systems.
- Electromagnetic imaging and tomography using RF (such as GPR) and THz techniques.
- Electromagnetic simulation and measurements.
- Wireless system developments (software defined radio and RFID systems) and energy harvesting.
- THz devices, systems and applications.
- Wireless positioning, monitoring and control.
The University of Liverpool, Brownlow Hill, Liverpool, MerseysidePostcode