‘Securing the Summer of Sport’ - A joint ICT KTN and Cambridge Wireless Security and Defence SIG
This popular event previously looked at the upcoming ‘Summer of Sport’ back in 2010 when the planning for multitude of events due to take this summer was in its early stages. This FREE joint Cambridge Wireless and ICT KTN session will follow-up after these events have taken place looking at how the emergency services and military dealt with the immense demands placed upon them. Attendees will hear first-hand from Simon Reed from Transport for London, Olaf Baars from the Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service, Dean Checkley from Airwave, Sam Simpson formally from the Metropolitan Police, Matthew Griffin and Steve Townsend from Transport for London, Cate Walton and Julian Sims from the Home Office.
12:30 27th September 2012 End date/time
17:45 27th September 2012 Venue
Clare College, Trinity Lane, Cambridge CB2 1TL
This joint ICT KTN and Cambridge Wireless SIG is championed by Tim Phipps of Cambridge Consultants, Guy Kenyon of Kenyon Consultants. Justin Paul of Brygstow-Consulting, David Chater-Lea of Motorola Solutions, Nicholas Hill of Plextek and Iain Todd of Airwave. We are also extremely grateful to ReCal Consulting for sponsoring the refreshments at this event.
2012 will include a "Summer of Sport", with one-off, major international sporting events taking place in London and around the UK, as well as Wimbledon, the Notting Hill Carnival and, of course, the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee. Our emergency services and military will be kept busy securing these exceptional and regular annual events, ensuring that we all remember them for the right reasons.
In 2010 the Security and Defence SIG ran an event with speakers who addressed the planning for these events. In late September, when most have completed, the SIG will review how the security of the events was achieved. This joint event working in partnership with ICT KTN will provide Cambridge Wireless Members the opportunity to hear at first-hand how the events were managed across the ‘Summer of Sport’.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Olaf Baars, Deputy Chief Fire Officer/Director of Service Delivery at Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service - 'Pulling Together for a Safe and Secure 2012 on the Water'
- Dean Checkley, Head of Service at Airwave - '‘Delivering secure communications to the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games’
- Simon Reed, Head of Technical Services, Surface Transport at Transport for London - ‘Driving the Games Home – London Buses and London 2012’
- Matthew Griffin, Head of Business Relationship Management and Steve Townsend, Chief Information Officer at Transport for London - 'WiFi Roll-out in the London Underground'
- Cate Walton, ESMCP Head of Technology and Julian Sims, Solutions Lead at the Home Office - 'Emergency Service Mobile Communications Programme (ESMCP)'
- Sam Simpson, formally from the Metropolitan Police - 'Preparing and Delivering the 2012 London Olympic Policing Communication’
This joint ICT KTN and Cambridge Wireless SIG is championed by Tim Phipps of Cambridge Consultants,
Guy Kenyon of Kenyon Consultants. Justin Paul of Brygstow-Consulting, David Chater-Lea of Motorola Solutions
, Nicholas Hill of Plextek
,and Iain Todd of Airwave.
We are also extremely grateful to ReCal Consulting for sponsoring the refreshments at this event.
This Cambridge based seminar will provide excellent opportunity for networking, and for Founder Members, will be followed by an exclusive dinner featuring presenters, SIG Champions and other Cambridge Wireless Founder Members. To attend this Dinner as well as to receive a host of other benefits please see joining details below.
We are extremely grateful to ReCal Consulting
for being a joint sponsor for this event. Join us for this FREE joint event organised by Cambridge Wireless and ICT KTN. To be able to attend this event for free you'll automatically be registered as an ICT KTN member. Please note membership of ICT KTN
To join Cambridge Wireless as a member and attend future events for free, please visit: