Chronos Sync MasterClass - Time & Timing in Telecom Networks
Networks are changing from traditional TDM to packet technology and the Chronos Sync MasterClass has been updated to include the latest developments in time, frequency & phase generation and transfer including Standards updates where new metrics are being proposed to address packet-based synchronisation techniques.
Wednesday 30 January 2013 08:30End date/time
Thursday 31 January 2013 16:30Venue
Stowfield House, Lydbrook, Gloucestershire GL17 9PDOrganiser name
Louise DaviesOrganiser email
Synchronisation MasterClass - Time & Timing in Packet Networks
The Chronos Synchronisation MasterClass is continuously evolving to keep up with changes in the Telecom industry and to ensure we deliver the latest information about time and timing in Telecom networks.
Networks are changing from traditional TDM technology to packet technology and the course material has been updated to include the latest developments in time, frequency & phase generation and transfer including updates from the standards groups where new metrics are being proposed to address packet-based synchronisation techniques. Synchronisation requirements for next-generation fixed and wireless networks will be discussed.
The MasterClass course can be tailored to meet specific client needs, but will ensure it includes the following essential elements:
- Pre-Course Question Session
- Introduction to Telecom Network Sync
- Fundamental Principles of Synchronisation
- Time Synchronisation (NTP and IEEE1588 PTP)
- Synchronisation Quality Metrics & Testing
- Standards – ITU, IEEE & IETF
- Synchronisation over SDH & OTN
- Sync in Next Generation Networks, IP & Packet, emerging time & timing distribution technologies
- Core Network Sync & Exercises
- Applications Affected by Sync
- Synchronisation over Leased Lines