The successful candidate will lead the small in-house PCB team and manage outsourced work to ensure quality and seamless integration of designs with our systems and libraries.
- PCB design tools and library management.
- Efficiency & process improvements.
- Monitor the quality of the team's deliverables.
- Estimation of PCB resource and managing the application of resource.
- Managing staff performance.
- Team coaching and training.
- Progress reporting.
- Evaluating and introducing new technologies and methodologies.
- Schematic entry and PCB design for TETRA terminals, ancillaries, and test equipment.
- Requirements analysis and development estimates.
- Strategic PCB space planning and layer assignment.
- Interpretation of electrical engineering constraints.
- PCB layout design to meet project requirements and timescales.
- PCB design release, fabrication and test requirements (assembly drawings).
- PCB approval for volume production (inspection and analysis).
- Working closely with mechanical design group to ensure compatibility.
- Working closely with the test equipment design group to ensure testability
PCB Fabrication & Factory Introduction
- PCB supplier capability assessment and supplier liaison.
- Analysis of failures and PCB related manufacturing yield issues and the application of corrective actions.
- Resolution of PCB design and manufacturing issues.
Skills & Experience (Essential)?
- More than 4 years relevant PCB design experience.
- PCB design experience across full design cycle into production.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in the use of Mentor Expedition toolset.
- Specification of PCB materials and surface finishes.
- PCB layout of high-density multilayer SMT mixed signal RF-Analogue-Digital PCBs.
- PCB design for EMI/RFI compliance.
- Experienced in Flexi-circuit design.
- Design for manufacture & test in volume manufacturing.
- Good knowledge of SMA processes.
Skills & Experience (Desirable)
- An appreciation of mechanical design engineering.
- Demonstrable use of IPC standards for PCB design.
- Works well with others in a small, focussed, team working to tight deadlines and costs.
- Ability to follow defined processes.
- Methodical, detail orientated, self starter.
- Conscientious, reliable, and enthusiastic worker who takes pride in their work.
- Willingness to travel worldwide to manufacturing sites and PCB suppliers.
If you would like to apply for this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org