What are the main responsibilities in the Principal Linux Kernel Platform role?
- Own the embedded Linux Platform including the Kernel, Device Drivers and Development tools.
- Responsible for Embedded Linux kernel hacking and kernel configuration including modifications to the scheduler, extending kernel IPC, performance optimisations and minimising latencies.
- Responsible for trialling and integrating open-source development tools for debugging, profiling, code-coverage, memory leak detection.
What are the desired skills for this Principal Linux Kernel Platform role?
- Significantly contributed to the development of a commercially released product that used Embedded Linux
- Experienced with embedded Linux Kernel hacking including performance and power consumption optimization, experienced with the Linux Kernel internals in addition to Device Drivers and BSP configuration
- Experience with Linux open source project
- Experienced in performance optimising Linux device drivers
- Extensive knowledge of the C programming language in real-time systems
If this sounds like a good match please do get in touch with Jenna Thompson at email@example.com. I look forward to speaking with you soon.