Qualcomm are recruiting for an experienced RFIC Design Engineer with experience especially in Power Management. We are ideally looking for experience also in mixed signal, Verilog AMS, and PMU.
The role of a Staff Engineer, Analogue Design is to act as a key contributor to the design, implementation and verification of the complex power-management blocks and subsystems of Qualcomm’s range of voice and music chips. In addition to contributing to the specification, design and verification of the blocks using appropriate tools, a Staff Engineer will contribute to the macro level architectures and the definition of new features and market driven enhancements for Qualcomm’s chips.
- Acts as a key contributor in a complex environment;
- Definition of the architecture for the complex Power-management blocks, plan and execute the development of the blocks and providing the necessary documentation to different departments for the characterization of the block.
- Responsible for the delivering the fully verified blocks and may get involved in the verification of power-management subsystems within the Analogue section of a chip;
- Solves complex problems in a tightly constrained environment;
- Fully competent in Analogue design for complex sub-cells and small subsystems;
- Keeps abreast of new developments and is technical expert in the design of analogue sub-cells;
- Ensures quality of the solution; works with macro lead to ensure timely delivery of subsystems
- Good understanding of the analog design.
- Ability to coordinate with different groups and define the requirements
- Experience in the design of various power-management blocks
- Fully competent in Analogue design and verification techniques
- Fully competent in the use of Cadence and Mentor analogue design and verification tools
- Knowledge of Matlab and other system design tools for defining the architecture and specification of the blocks is a plus. Good team player.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Degree (or equivalent qualification) in maths/science/electronics