As our senior consultant scientist, you will apply a ‘first principle’ analysis and problem solving approach to our toughest innovation challenges. While specialising in your field, you will also possess a broad scientific knowledge across Natural Sciences, and a hands on, rigorous experimental approach.
You will provide inspiration and leadership to our clients and team of scientists, helping to develop our expertise and facilities. Working within our multidisciplinary teams on major development projects, you will be responsible for developing technical solutions for a range of products and processes in the consumer, healthcare, industrial and energy sectors.
Our benefits include a competitive salary, performance related bonus, 12% non contributory pension scheme, private healthcare, 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays and flexi-time.
With our offices in a beautiful rural location close to Cambridge, we offer an exciting and challenging working environment where development timescales are short and the specifications demanding but rewarding.
- A 1st or 2:1 degree in a Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Natural Sciences from a top tier University
- A postgraduate science degree from a top tier University
- Strong creative and technical abilities in a range of areas: physical principles, mechanics, optics, materials science, biomedical sciences, computational methods, analytical and experimental methods.
- A track record of high quality publications and/or patents in the discipline. Experience leading projects from taking responsibility for quality, time, and cost.
- Relevant practical experience with evidence of good analytical and creative capabilities
- Excellent presentation skills and an effective communicator
- Significant commercial awareness gained in one of the following environments: technical / design consultancy; technology start-up; new product development/engineering department
- Strong drive to rapidly absorb and develop further technical, project leadership, and business development skills
- Bright, conscientious and creative with an ability to demonstrate a hobby or interest with a practical or technical relevance.