Cambridge Design Partnership creates value for our clients by transforming new ideas, design and technology into commercial success. Our reputation for breakthrough product innovation and engineering excellence consistently wins us awards and underpins our continued growth.
Are you ready for a change?
We’re looking for people who want to:
Be ambitious and creative
- Progress their career to another level
- Take their expertise and move into a broader range of industry sectors
- Couple their technical expertise with their inventiveness
- Be part of a group of bright, likeminded people
Become a valued engineer whilst enjoying the things you want to do.
This is a challenging and exciting role and as an engineer working within our multidisciplinary teams, you will be responsible for developing mechanical designs for a range of products and processes in the healthcare, consumer, and industrial sectors. Your challenge is to solve some of the most intractable of our clients’ problems. In return your ingenuity will be rewarded with the satisfaction of seeing your ground-breaking new creations launched in the market, making a real difference whilst receiving an excellent benefits package.
Our benefits include a competitive salary, discretionary performance-related bonus, 12% non-contributory pension scheme, private healthcare, 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays and flexi-time.
With our offices in a beautiful rural location close to Cambridge, we offer an exciting and challenging working environment where development timescales are short and the specifications demanding but rewarding. An excellent opportunity to join a technical consultancy that’s exciting and going places!
- 1st or 2:1 degree in Mechanical Engineering from a leading university
- Strong abilities in many of the following areas: Concept generation; Mechanism design; Materials selection; Analysis of static, dynamic, fluid or thermodynamic systems; Prototype and lab testing; Design for high and low volume manufacturing, Launch into manufacture, Manufacturing support, Manufacturing processes, Injection moulding
- Proficient in 3D CAD (SolidWorks preferred)
- Excellent presentation skills and an effective communicator
- A commercial awareness in one of the following environments: technical / design consultancy; technology start-up; new product development department
- Relevant practical experience with some evidence of project leadership with good analytical and creative capabilities
- Strong drive to rapidly absorb and develop further technical, project leadership and sales skills in a wide range of engineering disciplines
- Bright, conscientious and creative with an ability to demonstrate a hobby or interest with a practical or technical relevance
If you have the skills and personal qualities to succeed in this role, please send your CV with current remuneration details to firstname.lastname@example.org