ARM® is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
In order to support this diverse development activity, ARM requires a robust and resilient High Performance Compute (HPC) platform supporting leading edge design and productivity tools. This enables our engineering teams to deliver high quality products effectively and efficiently. The Technology Service Group within ARM is responsible for running ARM’s HPC platform and continually improving the tools and services that run on it.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager who can execute on and deliver development and change projects that enable us to offer a best in class HPC platform. The resulting service transformations will deliver efficiency improvements to our engineering teams. Responsible for a team of engineers you will be working with the Service Operations team to design, test and deploy hardware and software solutions that enhance our platform capability.
Essential Skills & Experience
- A deep understanding of High Performance Compute platform architectures, ideally in a diverse electronics research & development environment
- A good understanding of Service Design, service transition and continual service improvement
- Strong background in hands-on engineering roles and engineering management including project planning and mid-range resource forecasting
- Experience in leading, developing and growing multi-disciplined engineering teams
- Able to manage upwards, including presenting to senior leaders, driving new ideas and constructively challenge established methods when required
- Strong record of on-time, high quality product delivery
- Enthusiastic and open-minded with the ability to motivate and inspire engineers
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of the ARM business including IP creation and delivery
- Knowledge of hardware and software design flows
- Experience of working in a multi-national company across global sites
A good university degree in electronic engineering, engineering or computer science. Other science graduates would be considered if they have the relevant experience.