The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners. As a Strategic Customer Engineer, you are responsible for customers' success on the Google Cloud Platform and managing trusted technical advisory relationships with our strategic customers.
You will oversee the technical integration, platform adoption, performance optimizations and take lead on critical customer projects from start to finish. You will work closely with a cross-functional team to ensure rapid and accurate resolution of technical challenges. From monitoring product performance to debugging and troubleshooting product code, you are the resident expert that addresses customer needs and advocates for it internally.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Work with customers in non-structured interactions to overcome technical obstacles.
- Learn new technologies quickly and apply them in real-world, non-trivial situations.
- Deliver best practices recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, prototypes and technical project presentations and adapt to different levels of key business and technical stakeholders.
- Identify new product and feature gaps, provide guidance on existing product issues, and collaborate with Solutions Architects and Engineers to influence the growth of Google Cloud Platform.
- Identify technical dependencies and roadblocks for the customer proactively and work with cross functional teams to remove them.
- MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in managing multiple complex projects, and experience writing software.
- Experience in technical consulting or technical project management in complex environments.
- Understanding of coding principles and concepts, and cloud-based data analytics, big data projects and solutions.
- Ability to discuss technical operations with business professionals and communicate with technical teams business topics.
- Positive client-facing attitude for troubleshooting and timely resolution.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.