The role holder is the principal marketing support for the technology innovation service at PA Consulting Group, and is responsible for the client experience at the Global Technology & Innovation Centre at Melbourn, Cambridge.
The key purpose of the role to support the Global Head of Technology Marketing to develop and execute an effective global marketing strategy and plan to deliver the growth objectives of the technology business, into its key sector clients including; consumer, life sciences, manufacturing, and others and ultimately support the growth ambitions of PA as a whole.
The marketing strategy and plan must be integrate with, and support, the wider company business strategy and the annual operating plans of sector and geographic teams to ensure delivery of business objectives and return on marketing investment.
Reporting to the Global Head of Technology Marketing, the role holder has responsibility for supporting all marketing activity within the business unit, using all elements of the marketing mix and the various marketing Centres of Excellence within PA to develop and execute a comprehensive marketing plan. The role holder will draw on technology experts, knowledge of best practice insight and communications, and strong commercial acumen to ensure that the allocation of resources underpin market growth opportunities and sector business priorities.
The role holder should have a strong passion for technology – not just IT, but science and engineering. They should be knowledgeable and networked into the technology and R&D community in the UK, and cognisant of global technology trends. Ideally, they would have experience of the design and delivery of product demonstrations, both digital and mechanical, and have good experience of delivering demonstrations both in a centre and on the move at conferences.
The Purpose Of The Role Is To
• Support the development and implementation of a marketing and communications strategy and plan which successfully positions our experts as leaders in their respective fields, being recognised as innovators, agenda setters and the partner of choice for new and existing clients;
• promote, develop and protect the PA brand with technology audiences, proactively acting as ambassador for PA’s vision and story in the market;
• act as guardian of customer engagement strategy, including events, digital programmes and other key touchpoints;
• be co-responsible and co-accountable for the delivery of the agreed technology business unit sales and revenue targets, with programmes designed in support of these targets;
• enable our specialists, technologists and consultants to sell by providing effective marketing assets and tools, actively driving the adoption and utilisation of such tools to increase sales performance
• increase penetration of the sector-related customer base in all key geographies through effective marketing campaigns leveraging global or local campaign materials and assets
• support a programme of internal engagement to up-skill the wider PA team on the unique propositions of the technology business units, have best informed sales channels and stakeholders through best in class use of communications,
• support the sales teams on major new deals, especially for new logo clients, throughout the sales cycle with optimal use of marketing assets and resources;
• develop and drive the adoption of new creative marketing tactics and operational excellence, as demonstrated through external recognition; proactively collaborate and share best practices across the function;
• ensure the effective use of Online and Social Media channels in all relevant marketing initiatives to support the company-wide business development programme: We All Sell;
• maximise the return on marketing investments through optimal use of marketing budgets and resources for successful marketing programmes in support of the sector teams’ growth strategies;
• Work with and inspire the wider team of dedicated marketers, as well as virtual teams, such that we become a hallmark for career development and engagement within the firm
• Contributes demonstrably to sales and revenue targets, owning and managing the sector marketing budget.
• Maintains a reputation within Technology for effective marketing activity which provide the best results for PA.
• Building relationships with the industry at appropriate key influencing level, building credibility both internally and externally.
• Engages at all levels within and outside the company to strategically position PA and its propositions – for maximum competitive advantage.
• Collaborates with marketing colleagues across key geographic markets to ensure effective programmes
• Directly contributes to function-wide marketing scorecard.
• May contribute to pan-PA marketing projects / programmes.
• Will report to the Global Head of Marketing For Technology
• Will be accountable for budget spend on specific projects on behalf of other stakeholders.
• Becoming recognised as an authority on specific areas of marketing across the organisation and externally.
• Support projects that go to CMO and CLT for decision.
• Will support the end to end Marketing Strategy, delivery of the Marketing strategy and reporting on quantitative business outcomes for the technology team on a global basis