We are looking for a graduate/ ngineer who has some of the basic skills listed below and is willing to learn and contribute to the team’s objectives/deliverables. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the skills they have learned to date, whilst also showing their ability to problem solve and learn during the interview phase.
The group’s primary purpose is to develop, deliver, maintain, upgrade and support internal test infrastructure.
The role of a “Software Engineer, Database and Web applications” is to customise/develop, test, document, deploy and support a medium to large scale client – server software system for various Qualcomm test teams.
We are looking for a graduate/Engineer who has some of the basic skills listed below and is willing to learn and contribute to the team’s objectives / deliverables. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the skills they have learned to date, whilst also showing their ability to problem solve and learn during the interview phase.
- Work on the web interface details
- Designing and implementing features, e.g. filtering data to customer needs. This might require end to end change/enhancement (database, API, Web application)
- Supporting the database, creating data for customer requests and, also, cleaning it from clutter. This does not include supporting of RDBMS.
- Development of data export to MS Excel Enhancing reporting solutions
- Writing and utilizing unit and system test cases
- Debugging and profiling the system
- Writing API and user documentation
- Talking to customers and gathering their requirements
- Required Knowledge of good programming practices to write transferrable code
- Ability to understand and extend third party code written in Java Knowledge of Java and experience of using it for projects
- Knowledge of server side java technologies and blueprints (Servlets, JSP, Java Beans)
- Knowledge of java web application build and deployment
- Knowledge of Relational Databases and SQL (tables, queries and transactions)
- Knowledge of XML with xml schemas Knowledge of Unit Testing in general and JUnit in particular
- Experience of using IDEs Experi of using a java debugger
- Understanding of Source Code Management systems
- Good analytical and problem solving abilities and attention to details
- Good vocal and written language and communication skills
Person Specification –
Desired Knowledge of C# Knowledge of file formats:
- CSV, JSON Knowledge of XML stylesheets Knowledge of jquery and jquery UI
- Knowledge of javascipt libraries for tables and grids Knowledge of java or any other charting libraries (e.g. MS Excel Charts)
- Knowledge of MS Excel, charting, pivot tables, pivot charts
- Knowledge of MS Excel file format Knowledge of PDF libraries
- Knowledge of MS SQL
- Server Knowledge of MS TransactSQL
- Understanding of relational database query execution plan, and query optimizer hints
- Knowledge of perforce
- Knowledge of building web applications with Ant Experience with IDE Eclipse for Java development