We are looking for an enthusiastic graduate embedded software engineer to join the Samsung Cambridge firmware group.
As a software engineer you will be part of the team that develops supporting firmware for Wi-Fi communications technology for mobile devices. We are interested in candidates with a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics, with a focus on embedded software development. Exposure to computer architecture is a plus. If you feel you have what’s needed to join our team designing the next generation of wireless technology, come and apply for the position.
- Design and document individual modules.
- Develop and test (unit, system and acceptance) firmware modules.
- Maintenance of software including defect investigation.
- Design of complex but efficient firmware modules with some supervision and guidance.
- Support the development at customer sites. This may involve occasional foreign travel.
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or related fields.
- Experience in embedded software engineering using ‘C’ programming language.
- Flexible, quick to learn and willing to take on responsibility.
- Proven ability to work as a member of a team and have good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate technical subjects effectively with other staff.
- Excellent problem solving ability and tenacity in finding root cause for complex issues with focus on delivering results
- Experience with software development in C and C++.
- Knowledge of scripting languages, including Python, POSIX shell or Perl.
- Understanding of embedded debug techniques and tools.
- Knowledge of embedded systems and inter-processor communication techniques.
- Knowledge of processor architectures and peripherals.
- Experience using source versioning tools.
Samsung Cambridge is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.