CW is committed, on behalf of its members, to embedding diversity and inclusion (D&I) in its operations, and to creating a positive and effective culture. CW values D&I and believes in the inherent benefit of a diverse and inclusive community, which can foster innovation, maximise collaboration and positive membership engagement.
An inclusive approach will be thoroughly integrated into CW ongoing activities and operations. CW will strive to make every effort to identify any barriers to inclusion. Decisions made within CW should be made regardless of (and not limited to): gender identity and expression, ethnicity, age, race, disability, geography, nationality, physical appearance, religion or belief, and sexual orientation. CW seeks diversity to ensure that a range of perspectives, options, and experiences are recognised and acted upon in achieving the mission to support CW members to network, learn and grow.
CW recognises that this is an ongoing process, and welcomes suggestions on how these policies can be pursued more effectively.
This policy applies to the Board members, employees, special interest groups within CW, CW service users, and D&I programme members.
This policy applies equally to all aspects of the employment cycle, including recruitment and selection, promotion, learning and development, events, conference management, membership & speaker recruitment.
CW recognises that the effectiveness of D&I will be enhanced, and its mission well served when practice of diversity is reflected in all aspects of the organisation, and specifically:
1. Board Members and SIG Champions
The CW Board and SIG Champions of CW should reflect the rich and growing diversity of the community and should proactively encourage diversity and inclusion in the composition of the Board and the SIGs.
2. Staffing and Board Member Appointment
Staffing and Board Member Appointment should be inclusive and reflective of the diversity of the fast-changing community and demographic trends.
CW Member organisations are encouraged to consider the role of diversity and inclusion in their day-to-day work and to voluntarily embrace the values of inclusion. CW will strive to provide members with the tools, supporting networks, forums and opportunities required to be more effective in exercising an inclusive culture.
4. CW conferences and events
Conferences and events present some of the most visible and meaningful opportunities for member engagement.
CW team will be encouraging SIGs to recruit a diverse range of speakers as CW intend to eliminate the incidence, for example, of all-male panels. The diversity of speakers will be tracked and analysed, and such information shall be used as a data point in analysing CW performance.
CW will continue to adopt practices and policies that attract a diverse audience to events, including encouraging younger delegates to attend, and encouraging members to bring their rising stars. Some events will be exclusively for CW members.
5. Behaviours at CW events
All CW events will reflect this D&I policy:
- Participants should treat one another with respect. Comments shouldn’t demean others.
- Harassment is not tolerated, and participants are empowered to politely engage when disrespectful behaviour is experienced at CW events, or to contact a member of the CW staff.
- Harassment includes, but is not limited to: verbal language; sexual imagery in public spaces; intimidation; sustained disruption of talks or other events; offensive verbal language; inappropriate physical contact; and unwelcome sexual attention. Exhibiting partners, sponsors or vendor booths, or similar activities are also subject to this policy.
- CW reserves the right to take any action they deem appropriate, including warning or expelling the offender from the event. Participants asked to stop any harassing behaviour are expected to comply immediately.
6. Content on CW media
All CW content, and member generated content, hosted on CW media channels or disseminated by CW through other media channels, will reflect this D&I policy.