Observations from a business perspective will be based principally on the experience of 4G in the UK with EE and from international markets, with the technical perspective focusing on future technology upgrades for LTE and what they might mean. The session will also look to the latter end of the decade and consider the next major release of spectrum, 700MHz.
This Mobile Broadband SIG will look at what the introduction of 4G means from a business perspective and from a technical perspective. The session will also look to the longer term and consider the next major release of spectrum, 700MHz, sometime later in the decade.
A collective of industry experts, representing different perspectives, who each shall give an insight to what the introduction of 4G means for business and technology.
This popular SIG event, ‘4G and beyond: The mobile landscape in the UK after the LTE auction’will focus on:
- The experience of 4G so far in the UK: What we have learned since EE launched 4G in November 2012
- Lessons from international markets: What pricing models have been used, what new services introduced
- Future upgrades of LTE: The expected timing and capabilities of LTE Advanced and further developments to the LTE standard
- Spectrum requirements beyond the 800MHz and 2.6GHz auction
Presentations will be heard from:
- Phil Sheppard, Director of Network Strategy, 3UK
- Omar Al Janabi, Head of Customer Marketing & Communications, Nokia Siemens Networks UK Limited
- Ronan de Renesse, Lead Analyst, Analysys Mason
- Erika Forsberg, Principal Policy Advisor, Spectrum Policy Group, Ofcom