The fourth stage of the industrial revolution, also known as smart manufacturing, heralds an entirely new era. It’s goal is to significantly improve the flexibility, versatility, usability and efficiency of production systems and to make the vision of smart factories come true. In this context, wireless communication – in particular 5G – is a key enabler. It provides powerful and pervasive communication between machines, people and objects. 5G-ACIA’s mission is to ensure the best possible application of 5G technology and of 5G networks for the industrial domain.
Join this 5G-ACIA workshop to explore how the ongoing 5G developments are transferred to the industrial domain. This includes possible integration concepts and migration paths, how 5G-ACIA is bringing the new ecosystem together to establish common language and a shared understanding of industry specific demands. How 5G-ACIA is addressing industrial use cases, spectrum needs for industrial 5G networks and new operator models.
The event will involve a broad mix of activities to provide the opportunity for 5G-ACIA and experts in their fields to share experiences and answer questions such as “Why and what is 5G and how do we get involved?”.
The agenda will cover:
- Insights from 5G-ACIA and industry leaders trialling changes that are made possible with 5G
- Overview of 5G-ACIA’s work, including working groups, international network, achievements to date, how to join and benefits of contributing to design industrial 5G
- Panel discussions on relevant topics for the UK and for manufacturing
- Interactive sessions to learn more about how 5G can make a difference
- Open discussions within smaller groups on what use cases are most relevant and valuable to the UK
You can follow @UK_5G on Twitter.