Any review of essential management skills always puts effective communication close to the top of the list.Yet poor communication is at the root of many problems.
This workshop will help managers understand their own communication style, the essentials of good communication and develop their confidence to communicate effectively.
By the end of the workshops managers will:
- understand the essential ingredients of effective communication
- have an understanding of their own communication style
- have developed their own communication skills
- have gained confidence in how to effectively influence others
- What is effective communication?
- Barriers to effective communication
- Verbal and non-verbal communication
- Understanding your own communication style
- Communication Styles questionnaire
The Essential Skills
- Understanding body language
- Active listening & questioning techniques
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback
Understanding Communication Channels
- When to talk and when to write
- How to get your message across
- Cross-cultural variations in communication
- Effective influencing in meetings
To complete the communications styles questionnaire.
Post course work:
To use an action learning log to continue to develop their understanding of different communication styles, and effective
Duration: 1 day
Delegate capacity: 12
You can follow @cambnetwork on Twitter.