We are seeing an ever-increasing number and sophistication of cyber-attacks on systems and products that are using connected IoT devices. These attacks are being instigated by different types of actors including: criminals; states and state sponsored; issue-orientated hactivists (malicious insiders pose the greatest threat) and ‘script kiddies’.
The risk and damage in terms of reputation, costs, health & safety to an organisation or individual due to poor security practice can be considerable.
In May, the General Data Protection Regulation(EU) 2016/679 (GDPR)became enforceable. GDPR covers "security by design" in hardware and software. Data controllers are obliged to consider "data protection by design and by default". Organisations using insecure hardware could face action under GDPR should the firmware of IoT devices prove insecure and contribute to a spillage of personal data.
This conference that will give participants the opportunity to:
- learn about the potential risks, threats and vulnerabilities posed by using IoT systems and connected devices
- gain an understanding IoT security best practice
- meet leading experts, organisations and companies offering advise, best practice, security products, solutions and services
CW members can use the following DISCOUNT CODE to get a 15% discount off the standard ticket price (£90 + VAT & Booking Fees): SIOTCW18
Enter this code into the “Enter Promotional Code” box in the 'Select Tickets' pop-up when you purchase tickets through Eventbrite
The expert speakers include:
- Philippe Hougardy, EMEA Senior Business Development Manager for IoT, Amazon Web Services
- Dr Andrew Jones, System Architect, Arm
- Stuart Traynor, Solutions Architect, Cisco UKI Technology Office
- Dan Craddock, Cyber Security Project and Policy Manager, Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS)
- Rob Dobson, Director, Device Authority
- Tom Gaffney, Principal Consultant, Consumer Security, F-Secure
- Ivan Reedman, Global Hardware Security and Capability Development Lead, X-Force Red, IBM
- Roger Shepherd, Ambassador IoT Security Foundation
- Tuukka Laurikainen, ICS Solutions Architect, Industrial Internet Consortium
- Tony Gee, Associate Partner, Pen Test Partners
- Tim Snape, Head of Security – IoT, Vodafone Group Enterprise Technology