Time is one of the most important assets at work and everyone has a responsibility to ensure it is well managed. This doesn’t always mean being ‘maxed’ out – it’s about getting balance into your life to ensure your priorities are taken care of.
This one day programme will help you develop a strategy for ‘event control’ and give you a range of tools and techniques to help you plan and organise yourself to be effective
You will learn about:
- your own work style and how this helps and hinders your time management
- how to establish and plan in your own priorities
- how to plan work around your most productive times
- how to deal with interruptions so they cause minimal impact
- avoid procrastination and ‘swallow the frog’!
- setting goals with time lines and milestones
- how to decide if a task is urgent , or important or both
- how to make your outlook or diary work for you
Who should attend?
Time management is a key competency for all people at work and this programme will benefit anyone who has any element of control and influence about when they do things.
Participants will be required to log their work activities for a typical day or two, prior to the programme. This will be analysed during the event to help see what happens during a typical working day and where improvements can be made.
Post course actions
At the end of the day participants will be asked to write a letter to themselves of actions and good intent – these will be collected and returned six weeks afterwards to help reinforce the lessons learnt!
- areas I’m good at/ not so good at?
- the impact of personal work style
- favourite areas?
- ‘swallow the frog’ – do it now
Planning & Prioritising
- what prompts my choice?
- understanding my work categories
- analysing my time log (pre-work)
- making ‘me time’
- best practice to follow/ pitfalls to avoid
- keeping on track
- managing the flow of work
- Daily planning
- Schedule the balance
- saying no nicely
- limiting the damage
Work area & communication tools
- desk; and paperwork routines
- voice mail and telephone disciplines
- email and web control
- working from home
Personal action plan
- review of your action points to work on
- letters to self of actions to work on
CPD Points 6.5
Cambridge Network Learning Collaboration is a certified CPD points provider for CPD training registered and certified with: THE CPD STANDARDS OFFICE
Development Group International: DGi
You can follow @CambNetwork on Twitter.