Working within our multidisciplinary teams you will be responsible for developing innovative mechanical designs and leading projects for our medical and drug delivery device development clients.
During this exciting time of substantial growth, we are looking for a number of specialists, ranging from mechanical engineers to industrial designers. To tempt you, during December and January, we are offering a ‘golden hello’ bonus of up to £5,000. So if you’ve been thinking about a new opportunity for the new year, now is the time to apply. *Please see terms and conditions below.
We are a successful innovation partner focused on creating value for our clients by transforming new ideas, design and technology into commercial success.
Our benefits include a competitive salary, discretionary bonus, 12% non-contributory pension scheme, private healthcare and 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays.
With our offices in a beautiful rural location close to Cambridge, we offer an exciting and fast-paced working environment.
An excellent opportunity to join an exciting technical consultancy that’s going places!
- 1st or 2:1 degree in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering, or Medical Physics
- Strong creative and technical abilities in many of the following areas:
- concept generation
- engineering analysis and detail design
- design of experiments
- design for high and low volume manufacturing
- design for high reliability
- Practical experience of medical devices industry-specific regulatory processes:
- working to Quality Management Systems such as ISO13485 and 21CFR820
- risk management to ISO14971
- change management
- Design History File compilation
- verification and validation
- clinical trial support
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to lead device development projects, taking responsibility for quality, time, and profit
- Commercial awareness gained in one of the following environments:
- device development
- engineering department of a medical or pharmaceutical company
- technical / design consultancy
- technology start-up
- Ambitions to learn and develop further technical, project leadership, and business development skills rapidly
- Bright, conscientious and creative demonstrated by a hobby or interest with a practical or technical relevance
If you have the skills and personal qualities to succeed in this role, please send your CV with current remuneration details to email@example.com
*'Golden Hello' Terms and Conditions
- You must apply directly to us or be referred by a CDP employee for a full time, permanent position at our “consultant” level or above, and stated as qualifying for our ‘golden hello’ on the vacancy advert.
- We must receive your application between 1 December 2018 and 31 January 2019. If made a job offer you must accept it within the specified time limit.
- The bonus will only be payable after your sixth month of employment, and is subject to UK tax.