As Consultant Software Engineer - Medical, you’ll be part of our multidisciplinary teams leading major software development projects.
During this exciting time of substantial growth, we are looking for a number of specialists, ranging from mechanical engineers to industrial designers. To tempt you, during December and January, we are offering a ‘golden hello’ bonus of up to £5,000. So if you’ve been thinking about a new opportunity for the new year, now is the time to apply. *Please see terms and conditions below.
You will be responsible for structuring, designing and implementing software for a range of product applications for our clients globally within our medical, drug delivery and diagnostics healthcare sectors. An expert in your field, experienced in working to tight deadlines, you will lead and manage projects successfully within budget and deadlines. This is very much a client-facing role where you will present our capabilities in medical software development to our clients and prospects accompanied by one of our business developers. You will leverage your experience in developing software within the relevant regulatory frameworks and processes - and most importantly see your unique ideas launched into the market.
With an entrepreneurial attitude, you will push the boundaries of what can be achieved in the world of technology. Methodical and able to develop systems and structures, you will have the ability to demonstrate evidence of understanding the value of work undertaken and strive for big achievements.
- 1st or 2:1 degree in Computer Science, Software or Electronic Engineering
- C++ experience essential, C# desirable
- Practical experience of software development to IEC62304 or similarly tightly controlled environments
- A good understanding of Quality Management Systems (e.g. ISO13485, 21CFR820)
- Experience of clinical trial support beneficial
- A good understanding of Risk Management (ISO14971) and Device Safety (IEC60601)
- Experience of microcontrollers and embedded RTOS desirable
- Experience of embedded Linux desirable
- Understanding of the performance impact of using different features of software languages
- Knowledge of software best practises
- Appreciation of test methodologies
- Ability to work as part of a small team to an aggressive timescale and with strict attention to detail is essential
- Self-motivated and accustomed to getting on with tasks with a thirst for new technologies and using the most appropriate software language / best tools for the job
- The ability to demonstrate a hobby or interest with a practical or technical relevance
- Commercial awareness gained in one of the following environments: device development; engineering department of a medical or pharmaceutical company; technical / design consultancy; technology start-up.
We are an employee owned company with our staff at the centre of our strategy. Employee ownership allows us to maintain full control over the direction of our business and our creative culture.
In return for your hard work and insightful ideas, you receive a competitive salary, discretionary bonus, 12% non-contributory pension, private healthcare and 25 days holiday.
*'Golden Hello' Terms and Conditions
- You must apply directly to us or be referred by a CDP employee for a full time, permanent position at our “consultant” level or above, and stated as qualifying for our ‘golden hello’ on the vacancy advert.
- We must receive your application between 1 December 2018 and 31 January 2019. If made a job offer you must accept it within the specified time limit.
- The bonus will only be payable after your sixth month of employment, and is subject to UK tax.