We have an excellent opportunity for a talented student who is interested to learn more about the design, innovation and 3GPP standardization process of advanced mobile communication systems.
As MediaTek’s successful placement student, you will work as part of a small (but outstanding) R&D team that is responsible for driving innovation in advanced cellular communication systems, starting from the definition of new communication systems standards up to the design and verification of modem chipsets implementing this new cellular protocols. Through evaluation, analysis and development of innovative solutions, you will be contributing to global standardization group (3GPP) RAN1/RAN2 on 5G systems.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain exposure to new mobile communication standards such as 5G, allowing you to understand how these new communication standards are derived and how to impact the standardization process. Using a combination of theoretical analysis and software simulations, you will be involved in the modeling of their performance at the system level as well as at the user device level. This is also a great opportunity to develop your research skills and programming/simulation proficiency.
- An MSc/PhD student or postdoc
- A great problem solver/ creative thinker with keen sense for attention to detail
- Someone who enjoys picking up new skills quickly, through informal learning
- Self-motivated and able to work both in a team and autonomously
In addition, one or more of the below would be brilliant (but not essential)
- Familiarity with mobile communication system (4G/5G)
- Familiarity with 3GPP standardization process
- Programming experience (ideally in MATLAB, C or C++ )
- Good mathematical skills
What we’ll offer you in return
- Convenient location (Cambourne), very close to Cambridge and served by very frequent bus services from Cambridge
- Excellent and varied experience working on real projects in a leading, global, high-tech company
- Opportunity to work with skilled engineers, as well as with other interns
- Contributing to a project in a leading global team working on the latest 3GPP release for 5G systems
MediaTek technology is already part of your everyday life
Did you know that nearly 1 in 3 mobile phones is powered by MediaTek? We lead the market in chipset sales for Smartphone, Smart TVs, Voice Assistant Devices & Android tablets. MediaTek works with the brands you love to provide feature rich, premium technology at mass-market prices and enable billions of people to explore their true potential – their Everyday Genius. Find out more at mediatek.com.
Our engineers have a great passion and work ethic, have a broad set of technical skills and are ready to master new technologies and tackle some of industry’s greatest challenges. We pride ourselves on our global collaborative team culture and a competitive compensation package. We know that each person makes important contributions, and that they are integral to our success.
The placement will begin in 2022 and we can be flexible about the start date. The length of the internship will need to be between 9 to 12 months long.
This internship will be at our Cambourne, Cambridgeshire office, based 9 miles outside Cambridge city centre (with frequent direct bus services). Cambridge is also conveniently located within one hour from Central London, four main London airports and The Eurostar.
It’s easy to apply –
To apply for this exciting internship please visit the MediaTek Careers website at careers.mediatek.com and search for ‘5G Communication Systems Standardization Intern 2022 (Cambridge)’. Please include a cover letter to confirm:
- When you could start your internship
- How long you can commit to an internship
- Whether you have any deadlines to confirm your internship or placement year
- If we were to make an offer, would there be anything that could put you off working at MediaTek?
For any queries, please contact email@example.com.
MTK Wireless Ltd
Building 2010 Cambourne Business Park