Would you like an opportunity to work with world-class RF talent?
Are you currently studying towards a Master’s degree in Electronics Engineering? Are you passionate about a career in wireless communications? Do you want to learn from the best?
We have an excellent opportunity for a talented student who is interested to learn more about 5G cellular systems, RF products, embedded control and HW / SW interfaces.
This internship is an excellent development opportunity to take on a real-world project where you will be able to start contributing to cutting-edge technology. Learning from a team of dedicated and passionate RF, digital HW and SW engineers across the globe, we’re confident we can offer you a great start to your career, where you’ll receive relevant training and guidance to help grow your skills and potential, and support your development.
At MediaTek, our goal is to give our interns work that will contribute to real projects, giving you great insight into what it’s really like to be an engineer with us. You’ll of course gain some valuable, practical industrial experience too.
As our 5G RF Control System Intern, your day to day duties will include:
- Working with RFIC HW and SW designers to define and verify the control interfaces for the RF sub-system within a complex state of art cellular transceiver.
- Working with Functional co-verification teams at block and chip/SoC level
- Contributing to process improvement flows
- Studying for a Master’s in a related field and will be in your 3rd+ year at university.
Essential Technical Skills
- Good understanding of Integrated Circuits
- Desire to further a career within RF or IC engineering
- Data processing & analysis skills using Excel, Matlab or Python
Desirable Technical Skills
- Experienced with Verilog
- Courses/ modules in RF/ Communications discipline
- A strong team player
- Self-motivated and able to work both in a team and autonomously
- Excellent communicating both in written form and verbally
- An innovative thinker with a passion and critical thinking mind for challenging technical problem solving
This internship will be at our Cambourne, Cambridgeshire office, based 9 miles outside Cambridge city centre (with frequent direct bus services). Cambridge is also conveniently located within one hour from Central London, four main London airports and The Eurostar
MediaTek and You
MediaTek is the world’s 4th largest global fabless semiconductor company, leading the market in chipset technology.We enable more than 1.5 billion consumer electronic products a year including Smart TVs, Voice Assistant Devices (VAD), Android tablets, feature phones, Optical and Blu-ray DVD players, and we’re number two globally in mobile phones.
MediaTek looks for people with a great passion and work ethic, who have a broad set of technical skills and are ready to master new technologies and tackle some of industry’s greatest challenges to positively impact billions of future users.From 4G and 5G smartphones, to tablets and digital television, MediaTek are changing the industry one innovative product after another.
We pride ourselves on having an accomplished and successful global collaborative team culture and a competitive compensation package. We know that each person makes important contributions, and that they are integral to our success.
Building 2010 Cambourne Business Park