We have excellent opportunities for a talented student who is interested to learn more about design verification.
As our successful placement student, you will be working as part of our highly experienced RF design team, which has an outstanding track record of delivering innovative RF products.
At MediaTek, our goal is to give our interns work that will contribute to real projects, giving you great insight into what it’s really like to be an engineer with us. You’ll of course gain some valuable, practical industrial experience too.
As our successful Design Verification Intern, your day to day duties will include:
- Working with RFIC designers to develop and verify behavioural models for RF and mixed signal blocks
- Functional verification of RF and mixed signal IP at chip/SoC level
- Contributing to design and development of our verification environment and flow
- Working with state of the art technologies and verification techniques
The duration of the internship will need to be between 6 and 12 months. We can be flexible about the start date.
Qualifications and Essential Skills
- Studying for a Master’s in a related field and will be in your 3rd+ year at university, having taken relevant modules including Digital Design, Analogue Design and Microelectronics
- Confident in understanding Analogue and Digital Integrated Circuits
- Clear in your understanding of behavioural modelling concepts for analogue/digital circuits and systems
- Great at demonstrating your analytical/debugging skills
- A strong team player
- Self-motivated and able to work both in a team and autonomously
- Excellent communication both in written form and verbally
- An innovative thinker with a passion for challenging technical problem solving
- Experience with Verilog, UVM, System Verilog (and their AMS extensions)
- Experience in UVM-based testbench development, functional coverage and constrained random testing
- Knowledge of TCL/Perl
- Familiar with high level programming languages
Our UK RF Design Centre is located in Maidstone, Kent, right next to the main railway station with excellent connections to central London. There is a good choice of accommodation available within the city.
MediaTek technology is already part of your everyday life
MediaTek is the world’s 4th largest global fabless semiconductor company, leading the market in chipset technology. We enable more than 1.5 billion consumer electronic products a year including Smart TVs, Voice Assistant Devices (VAD), Android tablets, feature phones, Optical and Blu-ray DVD players, and we’re number two globally in mobile phones.
MediaTek looks for people with a great passion and work ethic, who have a broad set of technical skills and are ready to master new technologies and tackle some of industry’s greatest challenges to positively impact billions of future users. From 5G smartphones, to tablets and digital television,
MediaTek are changing the industry one innovative product after another.
We pride ourselves on having an accomplished and successful global collaborative team culture and a competitive compensation package. We know that each person makes important contributions, and that they are integral to our success.
It’s easy to apply –
To apply for this exciting internship please visit the MediaTek Careers website at careers.mediatek.com and search for ‘5G RF SOC Verification Internship 2022 (Kent)’. For any queries, please contact email@example.com
MTK Wireless Ltd
County Gate, Staceys Street