The Medical Devices Group is seeking talented, insightful and ambitious product development physicists to join the growing team. The successful candidates will take leadership roles in the development of new medical devices by drawing on their insight, analysis, creativity, initiative and drive
The product development physicist role involves cutting to the core of technical and non-technical issues, discerning what they mean for the project and the company, and then creating something new from that insight. TTP’s culture gives wide freedom to think and act, but also requires and expects it to be used. In this environment, an effective product development physicist leverages their eclectic and growing experience, making time to reflect, to build their capabilities and judgement, and so increasing the value they add and direction they provide to a team.
The Medical Devices Group’s business is based on robust solutions; neither rigorous but inapplicable analysis nor unreliable pragmatism will do. A product development physicist considers problems as they really are and applies technical insight and experience to identify what matters, enabling decision making and guiding design. Expertise in mechanics, thermodynamics, and mechanical and thermal properties of materials are frequently used, as well as an ability to develop experimental or theoretical models of complex processes which strike the right balance between efficiency and fidelity for the purpose and stage of development which they support.
A product development physicist develops practical understanding and experience of the whole prospection, selling, and project delivery process, guiding clients from a outline need, through what to do and how, to a specification, a technology, and so to a product. They develop their ability to form relationships with key stakeholders, and to ascertain and address their needs.
Qualifications and training:
- A 1st or Upper 2nd class first degree or higher from a leading university in physics or related discipline.
Skills and experience:
- A very strong understanding of the fundamentals of mechanics and thermodynamics, including analytical, theoretical, experimental and creative capabilities
- A track record over a period of years of creating insight that sets the direction in research, technology or advanced product development projects
- A strong ability to communicate the value of your work confidently and authoritatively to senior business leaders across client organisations
- Professional experience that demonstrates an ability to lead and a drive to succeed
- A desire to improve the quality of your work, to develop new skills and to take increasing responsibilities
- Experience of leading novel device development projects would be an advantage
To apply for this vacancy please submit your CV – which should give examples from your experience showing that you have the required skills – stating the reference number above.