Dynamic and innovative sensor development group working in ultrasonic, biosensor, and MEMs devices looking to add a skilled development engineer to bring prototype build and test experience to the team.
The Development Engineer role offers the opportunity to contribute to some of the most interesting advances at the leading edge of sensor technology. A Development and Test Engineer is responsible for designing, building, and commissioning development and test rigs. They take charge of correct test execution, fault finding, data analysis and reporting of the results.
Our Engineers are hands-on self-starters with the ability to understand a job quickly and deliver results without the need for day-to-day supervision. A Development and Test Engineer gets a wide range of interesting problems thrown at them, so they need to be well organized, good at prioritising and making sure the rest of the team know what’s going on. Strong attention to detail is important because timelines are short so we need the rigs to be right first time, especially as they can often end up in front of clients. Our best engineers combine broad hands-on experience with the understanding of the fundamentals needed to make good technical decisions without micromanagement.
Qualifications and Training
- A degree or equal qualification in an engineering related discipline.
Skills and Experience
- Solid understanding of mechanical and electrical engineering fundamentals.
- Good fault-finding and problem solving skills.
- 10+ years of experience in a development environment including test rig building and operation.
- Enough machine workshop experience to make basic components from scratch and modify bought in parts (basic milling, lathe operation, etc).
- Basic electronics experience (wiring & looming).
- Experience with one of the widely-used CAD systems (SolidWorks or CREO preferred).