ARM is looking for a highly skilled and motivated Software Engineer to join an Agile embedded software development team working on the leading edge of mobile GPU, Display, and Video technologies. Working on the next generation Mali™ mobile IPs and the latest yet-to-be-published Android versions, you will help shape the technologies that the mobile market will see in years to come.
The team is responsible for the subsystem software components that are used by the Mali GPU, Display, and Video drivers. You will be responsible for ensuring seamless integration of the Mali software stacks and develop features that cross more than one driver software stack.
You will become familiar with all Mali driver stacks and how they interact with and integrate into the Android multimedia subsystem framework.
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD (computer science or electronics engineering) with good academic record.
Skills & Experience required:
- Experience of software development for a commercial organization.
- Experience developing software for Linux, Android, preferably working on driver or middleware development.
- Expert knowledge of C.
- Proficiency in problem solving and debugging skills.
- Practical, organized and analytical approach to work.
- Good oral and written English skills.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of Khronos APIs such as EGL, and GLES.
- Experience in kernel device drivers.
- Knowledge of video codecs and display software frameworks
- Knowledge of Android graphics and media framework.
- Familiarity with SoC memory subsystem principles (MMUs, caches, etc)
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At ARM, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviours are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
Partner and customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
Collaboration and communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
Creativity and innovation – Possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
Team and personal development – You take time to drive your own development, whilst also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
Impact and influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
Deliver on your promises – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
ARM is committed to global talent acquisition, offering an attractive relocation package.