Qualcomm are recruiting for an enthusiastic hardware design engineer to join their Analogue/RF Group in Cambridge. We are looking for some experience of ADC, DAC, PLL, PA, LNA, Mixer, Filter. Most importantly, you will demonstrate a passion for hardware design and relish working with some of the best engineers in the world.
The engineer will work within the Analogue/RF group on circuit design for use in radio transceivers. This involves a wide range of circuits from RF through to baseband and PLLs and with an emphasis on low power. He/She will be responsible for the design from initial choice of architecture to the final delivery of the design. The ability to innovate new techniques to meet challenging and sometimes ambiguous circuit requirements due to ever changing market conditions is highly desired.
One aspect of the work involves working closely with layout engineers to define the floorplan and provide guidance to optimize the layout while maintaining good performance. The candidate will also work closely with other disciplines such as the Radio system team to help to define the system requirements. After the design is fabricated the engineer will be involved with cell characterization to ensure the design meets system requirements and then take the design through to production.
Some industrial experiences in analogue/RF IC design with experience in one or more of the following:
- ADC, DAC, PLL, PA, LNA, Mixer, Filter.
- Solid understanding of the fundamental of analogue/RF circuit design.
Familiarity of the system requirements on one or more of the following wireless standard:
- WLAN, BT, EDGE, GSM, LTE.
- Experience of taking a design from specification through to production.
- Working knowledge of Verilog-AMS modelling,
- Matlab and Python is a bonus.
- Familiar with the use of laboratory equipment e.g. spectrum analyzer.
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Engineering or relevant Science Subject