Be a part of one of the UK’s most innovative companies and one of the UK’s largest privately owned electronics manufacturers.
Jaltek is a leading technology solutions provider offering a comprehensive range of vertically integrated design and manufacturing solutions tailored to meet our client’s highly diversified business requirements. We recognise the market need to be flexible and responsive to meet the demands of a constantly changing landscape, focusing on low to medium volume high mix product profiles with localised support. Jaltek is searching for an Account Manager who will be responsible for ensuring clarity and consistency of both incoming and outgoing information and data transfer for a variety of major OEM’s.
This position will be responsible for ensuring clarity and consistency of both incoming and outgoing
information and data transfer across the Business Unit’s customer base. This will include but not be
limited to the management, administration and development of standard operational procedures
relating to processing of enquiries, quotations, orders, order acknowledgements & status reporting.
Account Managers will strive to exceed service levels monitored by Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
by ensuring customer’s expectations are understood and achievable throughout the business.
- Prepare costings proposals ensuring information provided by engineering and materials
- within required timelines
- Review quotations prior to release to ensure they fully meet customer requirements
- Provide accurate and timely quotes to customers keeping sales personnel always informed of relevant information
- Receive purchase orders, circulate contract reviews and acknowledge orders to customers timescale
- Ensure purchase orders reflect quotations exactly, instigate appropriate measures when the order & quotation do not correlate e.g., re-quote, ECN etc
- Ensure all supplementary information and or caveats included on purchase orders have been identified to Business Unit Manager.
- Ensure order book is kept up to date with accurate information regarding anticipated delivery dates and advise appropriate personnel of any slippage to forecasted dates
- Maintain accurate and up to date forecasting and distribute to appropriate personnel
- Arrange and conduct bid reviews with all appropriate personnel
- Support with the creation & provision of an enquiry launch form (ELF) to the commercial department for all new enquiries
- Ensure SOP reflects current order book, quoted and unquoted forecast and managing SOP on daily and weekly basis with input from internal and external account managers
- Review and file all data received at enquiry
- Co-ordination with Engineering Department to ensure that on customer approval, ECNs are implemented
- On repeated orders confirm & check if previous concessions on the assembly are still required, if so ensure that they are being implemented effectively.
- Participate in weekly reviews providing forecast, quote, order, visit and activity information
- Provide day to day customer support as required
- Completion of concise & comprehensive weekly status reports
- Manage customer issues to resolution in timeframe specified and to customers satisfaction
- Participate in daily Operations meetings raising any relevant customer issues and ensuring these are addressed within the required timeframe.
- Provide input to Operations on customer-related issues they raise
- Manage the order book to meet both internal and external expectations
- Assist the external sales team with customer management to identify value add opportunities
- Participate in quarterly business reviews ensuring all relevant information is provided
- Develop understanding of organisational structures of all suppliers, their working practicesand service offerings
- Develop understanding of the customers, their markets and their historical & forecast performance
- Support both external sales & internal departments in the achievement of the budgeted forecast for the business unit
Skills and experience:
- Ideally degree qualified in a relevant technical field or business administration
- Proven experience in Electronic Manufacturing environment would be an advantage
- Competent on Microsoft products including excel & word
- Experience of ERP systems & databases
- Proven experience in a customer facing role
- Demonstrable experience of managing multiple projects
- Proven experience of basic financial management
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- What’s on offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Company pension
- Free parking
- BUPA healthcare (after successful completion of probation period)
- Life Insurance
We are based in Luton, Bedfordshire