Are you seeking a new role in a fast growing and innovative tech company?
Do you have Android Development experience and are confident coding in Kotlin?
At Coderus we are excited to be recruiting an Android developer to join our growing team of enthusiastic and talented individuals. We focus on pioneering embedded development and mobile applications for consumers and our rapid growth and diversification into new vertical markets means that we can develop our increasing portfolio of software projects and applications. Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with embedded devices. At Coderus we are an experienced and committed team that puts great emphasis on creation of quality products, therefore dedication to sophisticated design, code quality and collaborative problem solving is key.
- Working across multiple development teams to support client requirements
- Supporting sprint planning and sprint reviews on a fortnightly basis
- Ensure the quality, performance and reliability of applications
- Maintain well-structured code & supporting the team with code review
- Ability to identify and correct bugs and performance bottlenecks
- Liaise with other Departments including UX/UI, QA & Embedded teams
- Good knowledge of design principles (MVVM , MVP)
- Knowledge of design patterns (e.g. Singleton, Builder, Factory, Repository)
- Experience of Object-Oriented based languages & design principles (e.g. Java/Kotlin/C#)
- Proficient understanding of source code version tools (e.g. Git, SVN, Mercurial)
- Familiarity with common Android frameworks (e.g. Activities, Fragments, Services and Broadcast Receivers)
- Knowledge of SOLID programming principles
- Familiarity with Java or Kotlin
- Experience with unit testing (e.g. JUnit, Mockito , MockK)
- Experience with Automated testing (e.g. Espresso, Barista)
- Experience of Android app release process (personal or commercial)
- Experience with performance and memory tuning tools (e.g. Performance Profiler)
- Familiarity with Architecture components and Jetpack
- Familiarity with continuous integration environments (e.g. Jenkins, Bitrise, Github Actions)
- Experience with Software Control Management System (e.g. JIRA, Confluence, Bugzilla)
- Experience with Bluetooth technologies and supporting Android frameworks
- Experience working with Dagger or an understanding of dependency injection
Joining Coderus you will be part of a culture which supports innovation, imagination and continued learning. We appreciate your wellbeing provides a healthy working life and we support this with a whole host of benefits available to our employees which include:
Flexible working, free gym memberships, beauty treatments, haircuts, professional memberships such as Maker Space, free team lunches every Friday, team awards, games nights with pizza and many more!
Ross Building, Adastral Park, Martlesham, Suffolk, IP5 3RE