SHARE OUR PASSION FOR TECH AND MAKE AN IMPACT
Looking for a fulfilling tech career? Think Coderus. Part of the Innovation Martlesham high-tech cluster of companies, we offer a startup culture in which to really grow your career. As part of an enthusiastic team, you’ll be directly involved in the development of commercial software products for our clients, including a high-end international media company, and also our own innovative projects.
Coderus is an established, innovative software development and consultancy business primarily focusing on pioneering embedded development and mobile applications for consumers. Our rapid growth and diversification into new vertical markets mean that we need to find talented recruits with ideas and the ability to develop our increasing portfolio of software projects and applications.
You will be responsible for developing software projects as part of the overall development team, reporting to the lead development manager. You will need to have a disciplined approach and demonstrate excellent organisational skills in planning, documenting and keeping to agreed schedules.
Familiarity with software development and management methodologies would be useful. You will be trained in the use of the software management systems used by Coderus and Agile development as required.
This is a great opportunity to join a progressive, technology led team directly involved in the development of exciting commercial software projects for existing and new clients and our own internal projects.
You will have strong academic skills with at least a 2:1 classification degree or Masters in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar computer science degree subject.
Equally as important is a real enthusiasm and passion for software development. As part of the selection process, candidates should have the ability to demonstrate relevant academic, personal or professional projects.
- Experience with containers (e.g. Docker)
- Familiarity with orchestration platforms (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Experience using databases (MongoDB, PostgreSQL, and Redis preferred)
- Experience using cloud platform providers (e.g. AWS, GCP, or Digital Ocean)
- Experience designing RESTful web services.
- Experience with using Git or other SCMs
- Ability to demonstrate excellent organisational skills in order to manage software development in a controlled and structured way.
- Familiarity with current software development methods.
- A genuine interest and passion for software development.
- The ability to work well in a team and unsupervised.
- Adhering to a project’s schedule.
- Have good communication skills, consultancy skills, and an excellent grasp of the English Language.
- HTML/CSS/JS frontend development
- Familiarity with the development of mobile software for iOS or Android.
- Familiarity with Big Data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop or Spark)
- Familiarity with Elastic Search
- Experience with JVM based languages (e.g. JAVA or Kotlin)
Coderus is located within the Adastral Park campus, home to over 100 high-tech companies. Based east of Ipswich, Adastral Park offers excellent facilities (shops, a restaurant/deli, free car parking, gym on site, and various recreational facilities) and a green open environment in which to relax during lunch and break time. To learn more, visit the Innovation Martlesham website.
There are good road connections and regular buses between the campus and Ipswich and Woodbridge. There is also a regular shuttle bus between the campus and Ipswich railway station for staff and visitor use.
Both Ipswich and Woodbridge offer excellent and convenient facilities and are situated just a short distance away. Ipswich Waterfront, which is only a short distance away from Adastral Park, provides a wide variety of accommodation and entertainment. London is also within easy reach, with regular, direct connections to Liverpool Street station just over an hour away.
Remuneration, hours and benefits
The working week is 40 hours (Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm) with an attractive and negotiable starting salary, plus benefits depending on skills and ability is available.
Benefits include a wide variety of sport facilities, free gym membership, haircuts, daily fruit, both hot and cold drinks, and many more. We also pay for our employees to attend seminars and workshops, to further their professional development.
The team holds monthly pizza and gaming nights, and everyone is invited to other social events e.g. bowling and go-karting.
Annual leave allowance is 28 days per annum including the bank holidays. An extra day’s holiday is given for each year of service up to a maximum of 5 years.
Adastral Park, Martlesham, Ipswich, IP5 3RE