This position is based in UK (Swindon or London) and is part of the UK Global Markets and Partners Sales Team. This is a commissioned sales position, responsible for developing the technical account sales plan to grow Intel's revenue and executive relationships with leading Tier 2 cloud service providers within the UK.
Your main responsibilties will include (but will not be limited to) :
- Strong experience in data center and cloud services architecture as well as experience working at or with leading Cloud Service Providers, Internet Portal/Search Companies, Multinational Cloud Equipment Manufacturers, XaaS Companies or System Integrators & ISVs.
- As a technical presales specialist you will be supported by Intel's worldwide Cloud Solution Architects and related Cloud business units to identify and win sales opportunities.
- Build strong, direct relationships with senior technical contacts, including Solution Architects and Technologists, and able to comprehend Intel architectures and partner solution offerings targeted at cloud service provider infrastructure.
- You will need to strongly position Intel as the trusted advisor in solving challenging technical and business problems.
- Stay current on emerging industry trends, technologies and issues and have demonstrated the ability to identify and drive customer requirements & market needs into actionable goals.
- Have a good understanding of customer requirements, using proof of concepts (POC's) to drive the early technology adoption that results in creating demand for Intel solutions.
- BSc in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or Business related degree or equivalent
- 5 years industry experience (or equivalent) in a technical presales role
- -Strong track record of selling technical Cloud Solutions - Public, Private, Hybrid
- Strong understanding of Cloud service provider's architecture and the ability to describe the cloud service providers plans to transform to software-defined networks and network function virtualization
- Good understanding of Intel's server, networking, storage products and especially software and how these fit into next generation Cloud Services
- Excellent written, verbal presentation & collaboration skills, including the ability to represent Intel in the industry as a 'business and technology evangelist' for our cloud service delivery strategy
- Comfortable working at senior levels within Intel and within our customers
- Demonstrated ability to identify and drive customer requirements & market needs into actionable goals
- Excellent understanding of xaaS and virtualization service orientated architecture designed around the delivery and security of Infrastructure components as a service
- Regular Business Travel (some international) is required.
Inside this Business Group
Intel's Sales and Marketing (SMG) organization works with global customers and partners to solve critical business problems with Intel based technology solutions. SMG works across business units to amplify the customers voice and deliver solutions that accelerate their business. Our teams work across the entire sales cycle, pushing ingredient products to our "billings" customers while also pulling end solutions through to "consumption". We work across numerous industries, including retail, enterprise and government, cloud services and healthcare as examples. The operations team focuses on forecasting, driving alignment with factory production and delivering efficiency tools and our marketing capability drives demand and localized marketing in locations around the globe. Our sales force navigates a complex partner and customer ecosystem while shaping product roadmaps, driving value for our customers, and collaborating to harness emerging technology trends to deliver comprehensive solutions.