As Arm’s Mali range of GPUs secure more wins in devices around the world, we are looking to increase efficiency of our engineering teams in order to provide capacity to focus on new and exciting applications such as VR/AR, automotive and IoT. As a result, we seek a motivated senior level engineer with experience in Configuration Management (CM) to lead our drive to implement continuous integration systems and process to allow driver engineers to be as productive as possible.
You will join a multinational and dynamic Agile software development team located in Cambridge, UK which is part of the wider Mali GPU driver development group spread across 4 countries in 2 continents. The team ensures that the Mali GPU driver effectively incorporates incoming features from a variety of different technology groups while maintaining high levels of quality and releasability.
Your responsibilities are to:
- Design and develop CM systems and processes to allow for multiple teams to contribute to a single codebase.
- Get involved in hiring and developing a team of CM engineers reporting in to you.
About Media Engineering
In Media Engineering you will be working alongside the best engineers in the world, making market leading products for the world’s most successful companies.
With applications in mobile, machine learning, Internet of Things, automotive, security, and embedded devices, your ideas will make a difference and you will have the opportunity to lead, challenge the status quo and ultimately change the world of media processing.
Our product portfolio includes Graphics, Image, Display and Video IP and our Mali™ Graphics Processor is the world’s #1 shipping Graphics Processor.
We are a global team, working across numerous sites and cultures and we are entering a new growth phase to provide new technologies and products for new and existing markets and are looking for talented people to join the team.
Please take a look at the following video to see what it's like to work in Media Engineering: https://youtu.be/F4tNBNBgYEY
Education & Qualifications:
You will have a university degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or related subject is desired, although other disciplines will also be considered with relevant experience.
You will have the following technical skills & experience:
- Experience of Agile software development and continuous integration
- Experience of version control (git, svn, etc.) and bug tracking (JIRA, Bugzilla, etc.)
- Ability to evaluate the environment, gather needs, and propose a recommended CM solution
- Ability to define and design CM standards for the technology
- Ability to define manageable CM processes, implement them and drive their adoption
- Ability to work constructively with users and resolve their issues
- Ability to prepare CM technology and process training for users and deliver it effectively
- Excellent team working skills, self-motivated and results focused
- Team lead experience.
Ideally you will also have:
- Ability to automate major processes
- Knowledge of compile toolchains (Clang, GCC, etc.) and continuous build automation technologies (Jenkins, buildbot, etc.
- Knowledge and ability to use the operating systems the CM technology runs on
- Practical experience with C, C++ and Python
- Line management experience.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
- We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer.
- Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
- Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
- Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.