Here at Cambridge Design Partnership we are passionate about creating new products. Over our 20-year history our growth has been focused on building what we believe is a uniquely effective innovation capability. Few companies outside the vertically integrated global market leaders can assemble holistic innovation teams across consumer research, brand strategy, design, scientific research, engineering development and manufacturing. Our team achieves this and that is why we are trusted by some the world’s largest companies with their most important innovations. Working as an Industrial Designer, you could be part of this team.
During this exciting time of substantial growth, we are looking for a number of specialists, ranging from mechanical engineers to industrial designers. To tempt you, during December and January, we are offering a ‘golden hello’ bonus of up to £5,000. So if you’ve been thinking about a new opportunity for the new year, now is the time to apply. *Please see terms and conditions below.
Joining the hub of the brightest minds you will be responsible for leading and developing technically challenging projects for a range of products in the consumer and healthcare sectors. Working alongside our exceptional teams your insight, creativity and drive will allow you to develop your skills technically, as well as project leading and sales skills, progressing your career and broadening your knowledge and experience. You will have a keen interest in new technology and product design and be able to generate graphical and presentation material of exceptional quality. You are likely to have worked in consultancy previously and will demonstrate an outstanding design portfolio containing evidence of in-market product from at least one of the following areas – consumer product, healthcare, structural packaging.
- A creative thinker, concept generator, and communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and a track record of multidisciplinary team working
- Graphically exceptional, including rapid communication of ideas (from outstanding hand sketching, and full Adobe CS as a minimum), to proven 3D CAD competency (preferably Solidworks and/or Alias). Keyshot, rendering and 3D animation software expertise would be an advantage.
- Comfortable with hands-on modelling, general workshop model-making skills and conversant with the latest Rapid Prototyping technologies
- 2:1 or higher degree in industrial design, product or structural packaging design or a related discipline
- Demonstratable industrial/product/packaging design experience in at least one of the following sectors: Consumer, Healthcare, FMCG, Structural Packaging
- Experience of Project Leadership and experience of participating in consumer and market research activities would be an advantage.
We are an expanding, relaxed and highly professional technical consultancy developing state of the art new products for our commercial clients. An exciting period of growth, it’s your opportunity to join a vibrant and fast-paced team; no two days are the same; variety is certainly the spice of life here!
We look after you:
In return for your hard work and insightful ideas you receive; Competitive salary l Performance-related bonus l 12% non-contributory pension l Private healthcare l 25 days holiday l Flexi-time
With our offices in a beautiful rural location close to Cambridge, we offer an exciting and challenging working environment where development timescales are short and the specifications demanding but rewarding. An excellent opportunity to join a technical consultancy that’s exciting and going places.
Contact us: email@example.com
*'Golden Hello' Terms and Conditions
- You must apply directly to us or be referred by a CDP employee for a full time, permanent position at our “consultant” level or above, and stated as qualifying for our ‘golden hello’ on the vacancy advert.
- We must receive your application between 1 December 2018 and 31 January 2019. If made a job offer you must accept it within the specified time limit.
- The bonus will only be payable after your sixth month of employment, and is subject to UK tax.
Cambridge Design Partnership, The Long Barn, Church Road, Toft