Cambridge Design Partnership is a successful innovation partner focused on creating value for our clients by transforming new ideas, design and technology into commercial success.
During this exciting time of substantial growth, we are looking for a number of specialists, ranging from mechanical engineers to industrial designers. To tempt you, during December and January, we are offering a ‘golden hello’ bonus of up to £5,000. So if you’ve been thinking about a new opportunity for the new year, now is the time to apply. *Please see terms and conditions below.
Working within our multidisciplinary teams on major development projects, you will be responsible for developing technical solutions for a range of products and processes in the consumer, healthcare, industrial and energy sectors.
Your challenge is to solve some of the most intractable of our clients’ problems. In return your ingenuity will be rewarded with the satisfaction of seeing your ground-breaking new creations launched in the market, making a real difference whilst receiving an excellent benefits package.
Our benefits include a competitive salary, discretionary performance-related bonus, 12% non-contributory pension scheme, private healthcare and 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays.
With our offices in a beautiful rural location close to Cambridge, we offer an exciting and challenging working environment where development timescales are short and the specifications demanding but rewarding. An excellent opportunity to join a technical consultancy that’s exciting and going places!
- An excellent 1st or 2:1 degree in Physics
- Strong creative and technical abilities in many of the following areas: Concept generation; System level design; Engineering analysis; Prototyping and lab testing; Analysis of systems involving mechanics, optics, fluid and thermodynamics
- Relevant practical experience with evidence of good analytical and creative capabilities
- Excellent presentation skills and effective communicator
- Ability to lead projects, taking responsibility for quality, time, and profit
- A commercial awareness in one of the following environments: technical / design consultancy; technology start-up; new product development/engineering department
- Strong drive to rapidly absorb and develop further technical, project leadership, and business development skills
- Bright, conscientious and creative with an ability to demonstrate a hobby or interest with a practical or technical relevance
*'Golden Hello' Terms and Conditions
- You must apply directly to us or be referred by a CDP employee for a full time, permanent position at our “consultant” level or above, and stated as qualifying for our ‘golden hello’ on the vacancy advert.
- We must receive your application between 1 December 2018 and 31 January 2019. If made a job offer you must accept it within the specified time limit.
- The bonus will only be payable after your sixth month of employment, and is subject to UK tax.