CW (Cambridge Wireless Ltd) is looking for an enthusiastic individual to run their substantial marketing function for a period of twelve months.
CW is a leading not-for-profit community of over 1000 active technology companies, providing a forum for the wireless community to meet, form partnerships and collaborate. Building on the current membership, Special Interest Groups (SIGs), major conferences and R&D programmes, CW has a vision to extend its geographical and sector reach with the support of a highly dynamic board who are leading experts in the sector.
The tasks will be varied, working with a large number of individuals and organisations across the tech community, and coordinating with the CW events, operations and business development teams.
Description of role
Overseeing all CW’s marketing activities, you will champion the CW membership, looking for innovative ways to increase CW’s digital footprint within the wider technology community, while attracting and engaging diverse audiences to CW events and programmes – all leading to increased membership and enhanced membership value.
You will be an advocate for CW, working with colleagues, members and suppliers to champion the brand across a variety of mediums; whether it’s through social media, video marketing, PR, photography, or published collateral.
Flexitime is available to all CW employees.
This role will be directly accountable to the Chief Executive Officer and includes the opportunity to contribute to the development and execution of the CW growth strategy.
- Own the annual marketing strategy and oversee all marketing activities
- Increase visitors to the CW website, maintaining the marketing aspects of the website
- Maintain the email schedule and write engaging copy for inclusion in the monthly newsletter and other regular marketing campaigns
- Write and distribute press releases to local and national press
- Actively manage and increase engagement in CW social media channels including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram
- Ensure CW events and conferences achieve their target number of delegates
- Leverage the content from CW events and conferences for future event recruitment or membership sales
- Work closely with the business development team in optimising the CW lead generation and membership journey
- Coordinate the design and delivery of all marketing materials including media packs, event flyers, pop-up banner, membership leaflets and social media graphics
- Support the CW presence at external events, for example through speech writing and powerpoint creation
- Manage a steady stream of high quality content for the CW Journal Online
- Create marketing crib sheets to support and steer CW events, conferences and programmes, including detailed video and photography briefs for suppliers
- Monitor the website and social media channels – and, using tools such as Google Analytics, create regular reports to analyse success and implement changes for the months ahead
- Maintain strong relationships with key promotional partners and other organisations in the technology ecosystem
- Provide event support, as required, by working alongside Event Managers, SIG champions, business development team, speakers and delegates
- Responsibilities and the scope the job may change as required by the CCO, CEO and the Board
Essential Skills & Experience
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent written communication skills including copywriting experience, preferably in the technology sector
- Experience of effectively communicating with a range of stakeholders (the role includes liaison with senior engineers and business persons, conference committees, external partners, speakers and sponsors)
- A competent user and advocate of digital marketing tools such as email marketing software (e.g. Campaign Monitor) and communication tools (e.g. Slack, Basecamp)
- Knowledge of permission-based marketing and data protection best practice
- The ability to monitor and report on marketing campaigns - strong analytical capabilities and reporting skills, with expertise and understanding of Google Analytics
- Proficient in the use Word, Outlook, Excel as well as basic Photoshop skills, or experience using browser-based tools such as Canva
Desirable Skills & Experience
- A marketing degree or evidence of CPD in marketing e.g. CIM, would be a distinct advantage.
- Writing on technical subjects
Salary: £30k-33k, depending on experience
To apply for this role please send a CV and covering letter to Eleanor.Brash@CambridgeWireless.co.uk.
The Bradfield Centre
184 Cambridge Science Park
Cambridge CB4 0GA