About the position
Our mission is to bring together exceptional people to deliver innovative technology for smart sensing, advanced communications, and intelligent data insight. Our work is largely driven by technical development and innovation. One of the great advantages of working here is that no two projects are the same. If you are an enthusiastic, adaptable, and motivated person who thrives on variety enjoys learning new skills and facing exciting challenges then this is the place to be.
We are looking for consultant data scientists to join the team. As a data science consultant we take it as read you will be highly capable in your technical field, able to apply your skills to challenging projects and work to tight deadlines. The ‘consultant’ part of the role means you’ll also need to enjoy communicating with customer or potential customers. This might be providing regular progress updates to a customer or working closely with their own team. But you will also support our sales team in selling our capabilities (including yourself!) to potential customers. In short, this is not just a backroom role.
The work itself is extremely varied, from cost sensitive high-volume consumer electronics to high reliability designs in avionics and medical and all points between. Projects can vary from early-stage studies of product concepts and feasibility through to production-ready designs and even sometimes manufacturing. As such, you will need to be comfortable working in both process-driven design flows and new research areas, where a detailed specification is not yet available.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, etc.)
- At least 3 years' of experience in quantitative analytics or data modelling post graduate
- Good understanding of predictive modelling, machine-learning, clustering and classification techniques, and algorithms
- Experience in one or more programming languages such as MATLAB, Python, C
- Knowledge and experience of using digital signal processing methods, such as Fourier analysis, Kalman filters etc.
These roles are open to UK nationals (including those with dual nationality) and residents with a right to remain.
In return we offer a competitive package and a stimulating environment that will encourage you to be your best. You will derive satisfaction from working in a professional but close-knit team with a keen focus on delivery. We provide all the training and support that you need to complete your projects and develop your career. We are a versatile business and are able to support career progression in many dimensions including technical, commercial and managerial.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- 25 Days Annual Leave pro rata
- 5 additional training days pro rata
- Mentor programme
- Free On-site Parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted cinema tickets & other benefits
- Regular company social events
The Plextek Building, London Road, Great Chesterford, Saffron Walden, CB10 1NY, UK