An exciting role, working on the development of everything from connected home, to medical devices, to sex toys. If you're looking for a challenging engineering role - working on the next 1-5 years of technology product launches - this is the place to be. Working from development, through DFM and certification, to manufacturing.
Do you have a passion for designing engineering solutions and developing products for manufacture? We are looking for an enthusiastic and talented mechanical design engineer to join our London team. Our products range from consumer electronics and FMCGs to medical devices.
You will be responsible for leading projects, from concept to production, as well as collaborating with other teams to support engineering reviews. You will work with internal teams in London, production management teams in China and directly with factories and production facilities as your products move from early development to mass production.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Finding solutions to client briefs and mapping out development processes
- Development of engineering designs, from concept sketching to working models using CAD and other tools
- Prototyping and experimentation to invent, break and fix things
- Working alongside broader engineering teams to develop new global products by evolving designs, sharing feedback and assessing products
- Working with clients and manufacturers to balance requirement and feasilbility
- Develop designs to optimise them for for manufacturing efficiently, cost and assembly
- Conducting and running client facing meetings to present concepts and design solutions
- Working with our production team in China to understand manufacturing constraints and develop assembly processes.
- Working alongside factory teams to help produce products at scale
Essential Skills and experience required for the role:
- 3-5 years experience in relevant industry working in design engineering and manufacturing
- Good engineering and CAD software skills (Solidworks)
- Experience of prototyping techniques and processes (3D printing etc.)
- Experience of working in small collaborative teams to develop products
- Understanding of manufacturing processes (Injection moulding, metal fabrication techniques, CNC, PCB/A, Assembly)
- Experience in taking products from concept through to manufacture
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate in a mixed skills team
- Ability to work successfully on multiple streams of work concurrently
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently without supervision
Nice to Have Knowledge:
- Ability to accurately estimate timelines and outline project scope
- Good knowledge of materials and their specification and applications
- Good sketching and hand drawing / hand rendering skills
- Experience of project management and PM processes
- Experience of a client facing role
- Good knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Basic understanding of electronic engineering
16 Bowling Green Lane, London, EC1R 0BD