Are you an expert SoC engineer with a passion for leading engineering teams?
Morse Micro is seeking a Director of ASIC Engineering with in-depth knowledge of wireless SoCs to lead the Cambridge ASIC team. We are looking for a genuine leader who can drive a team of experienced engineers to lead the ASIC development for our next-generation Wi-Fi HaLow chips and beyond.
Reporting to the VP of ASIC Engineering, your focus will be overseeing the analog/RF and digital teams in Cambridge, liaising with the other ASIC teams worldwide ensuring consistent IP development and usage, while also working very closely with Marketing and other technical teams covering Systems, Board, Production and Software teams, as well as Project Management.
- Oversee the complete hardware design cycle from idea to mass production
- Specification, system architecture, design & verification of complex wireless SoCs.
- Work with the worldwide chip development teams to co-develop class leading chip IP
- Derive chip specifications from marketing requirements
- Work with Software team for implementation of various configurable algorithms, state machines and interfaces
- Support of chip qualification and product engineering
Required skills and technical leadership abilities include:
- 10+ years experience leading SoC teams with proven silicon success
- Ability to deliver complex projects, with large unknown/new components on time
- Demonstrated technical project management skills
- Demonstrated technical leadership within the team
- Mentorship & guidance of junior team members
- Sound working knowledge of adjacent technical specialities
- Extensive knowledge of wider implications of technology and product development including understanding the competitive market landscape (e.g. area, power consumption of competitive parts, FOM for state of the art circuits)
- Effectively leads the design, development and implementation of strategic technical initiatives which contribute to the future growth and success of Morse Micro
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of status and issues across all engineering groups, inc. IP landscape and production engineering
What we’re looking for:
- Wireless SoC engineer with 10+ years relevant industry experience in WLAN/LTE industry
- 10+ years experience leading design teams
- Masters or PhD in Electrical / Electronics / Communication Engineering with strong fundamentals in Wireless Communication, Information and Coding Theory, MIMO communications and Digital Signal Processing
- Experience of taking wireless chips to mass production
- Working knowledge, or ability to learn, revision control systems such as git
- Familiarity with the IEEE 802.11 standard
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + excellent stock option package
- Ability to work alongside some of the world's best engineers in a fast-paced environment and make a real impact
- Work trips to HQ in Australia!
Who we are:
Morse Micro is a fabless semiconductor company building Wi-Fi HaLow (802.11ah) chips for the Internet of Things (IoT). We are a team of wireless experts that love to innovate and invent. Together, we are building the world’s lowest power Wi-Fi technology that will enable billions of IoT devices to connect securely to the internet. We are a global team with offices in Sydney & Picton (Australia), Irvine & Boston (USA), Cambridge (UK) and Hangzhou (China).