MediaTek is the world’s 4th largest global fabless semiconductor company, leading the market in chipset technology. We are also one of the top four companies globally to advance 5G development, quickly bringing a complete, standards-based and optimized 5G solution to the market.
At MediaTek Sweden (MSE) we develop a vector DSP processor platform optimized for signal processing in wireless modems. Our technology is used in MediaTek cellular modems for 3G and LTE, in chipsets that are produced in millions every month.
We are looking for a proven DSP Processor Architect to join our architecture team. As MediaTek’s successful DSP Processor Architect you will become a valuable member of this fantastic team, who are responsible for defining the long-term direction of MediaTek’s DSP processor architecture.
Your job will be to identify architecture bottle necks and propose solutions for managing future processing requirements. Part of this challenging but rewarding role will be to drive architecture studies and profiling efforts both independently and in collaboration with your talented colleagues.
As the architecture work is completed in collaboration with the silicon IP team in Sweden, our compiler team based in the US and a team of modem architects based in Taiwan, the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently across various time zones and cultures is critical.
- M.Sc. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent education
- Preferably 5 years of relevant experience, or PhD in a relevant area, however we are open to talented Engineers with less experience who believe they have the below skillset
- Understanding of embedded/DSP processor architecture
- Experience from DSP firmware development and/or processor architecture evaluation and profiling
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Signal processing / Telecommunication algorithms
- Telecommunications system architecture
- Compiler technology
- Chip/system bring-up and debug
- Fluency in Swedish is desirable
- Highly motivated – able to work with minimum supervision and see projects through to completion
- Team player – able to working with colleagues effectively to complete challenging projects
- Innovative thinker
- Good communicator- able to communicate effectively across the world using a range of tools such as instant messaging and video conferences.
- Able and willing to travel if required
Compensation and Benefits package
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus schemes
- 30 days holiday
- Wellness Contribution
- Company pension scheme
- Life and work injury insurance plans
- Patent reward scheme
- Technical training opportunities
- Relocation and Sweden visa/work permit assistance, if applicable
This is an excellent opportunity to work with advanced technology alongside highly skilled and motivated colleagues in a creative, international environment. At MediaTek, we embrace agile development giving you many opportunities to influence both development methodology and the type of work you take on.
MediaTek looks for people with a great passion and work ethic, who have a broad set of technical skills and are ready to master new technologies and tackle some of industry’s greatest challenges to positively impact billions of future users.
To apply, please apply via the MediaTek website, including a CV, your contact details and a brief cover letter describing why you feel you are suited to the role.
58330 Linkoping, Sweden
Mjärdevi Science Park