An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and organised Events Manager to join the UKs first 5G regional accelerator, delivering local events to excite and engage local citizens and businesses in the possibilities of 5G.
Operating within the West Midlands and WM5G you will deliver the Events Strategy which involves presence at local events such as the British Science Festival, participating in high profile programmes such as Coventry City of Culture and everyday citizen engagement in schools, shopping centres and transport hubs.
The Events Manager will be a member of the Team and will be accountable for driving the organisation’s Events Strategy.
The post holder will be accountable for:
- End to end delivery of events according to requirements, target audience and objectives
- Prepare budgets and ensure adherence
- Source and negotiate with partners and suppliers
- Coordination of all logistics and event operations with the events delivery partner
- Lead event promotional activities, branding, and communications with support from the agency
- Ensure excellent delivery of all events, analyse, report and improve on event success
As a member of the Management Team, the post holder is expected to be a champion of corporate values and objectives and to have extensive board and senior external engagement – with leaders in both private sector and public sector organisations.
- Recruit and manage a 2 – 3 strong events team.
- Procure the right supply chain, creative and event delivery organisations.
- Secure sponsorship partners to co-fund events and to bring 5G content and assets.
- To effectively work with, respond and manage local senior stakeholders needs.
- To work with the finance team to ensure that funding is correctly secured in line with governance.
- To work with WM5G team members, delivery partners, local stakeholders and sponsors to deliver the events strategy.
- To measure and communicate the impact of each event, and to iterate the approach until objectives are being exceeded regularly.
- To work with team members to showcase their work as part of the events strategy.
- To use 5G enabled technologies such as AR/VR to bring to life the benefits of 5G for local citizens
- Build awareness in the local community of the exciting opportunities that WM5G is accelerating with the funding awarded.
- Use the Events Strategy to communicate to local citizens how they can upskill to be a part of this new and vibrant eco system which will be powered by 5G.
- Ensure we are working with industry bodies such as UK 5G to maximise ROI.
- Ensure engagement from citizens across all ages, regional geographies, socio economic groupings and cultures.
- Currently working in a live event delivery role or previous experience organising large scale events within a live event delivery role, in a start up or scale up environment
- Creative flair, ability to bring creative solutions to live events and able to provide examples of have delivered this in recent events
- Demonstrable up to date knowledge of event 5G industry trends, such as how to use AR/VR to bring 5G to life
- Strong communication skills – high degree of telephone contact with external stakeholders/suppliers of having delivered those in recent events
- Experience in delivering in fast paced, high pressure environments
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders across national and local government and private sector
- Experience/knowledge of the West Midlands an advantage.
- Relationship/Account Management experience including the ability to understand business strategies.
- Team management
- Ability to problem solve with a service and excellence mentality
- Negotiation skills
- Stakeholder management skills
- Organisation Skills
- Project Management Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills, Both Verbal and Written
- Computer Literate
- Adaptable to Change
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration or Arts or equivalent
Birmingham, United Kingdom