We have an exciting opportunity for a recent and bright graduate to join our Modem Technology and Architecture team. The team works on the architecture definition, design and implementation of MediaTek’s latest and most advanced 5G NR chipsets. In your role as Graduate Wireless Software Engineer, you will be prototyping, implementing, optimising and verifying modem software modules which are vital to these chipsets.
This varied position will give you experience of –
- 5G modem architecture across the different software layers
- Tools and techniques to quantify performance (MIPS, memory) and power consumption
- Cross-disciplinary interaction with hardware, DSP and standards engineers (locally and globally)
- Influencing the future hardware and software platforms of MediaTek (as your experience increases)
You’ll be expected to –
- Be motivated by finding innovative solutions for the most technically demanding problems
- Enjoy picking up new skills quickly, through hands-on learning
- Be self-motivated and able to work both in a team and autonomously
- Be a clear and concise communicator
We require you to already have –
- A good degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Programming experience (ideally in C or C++)
- Good mathematical skills
- Ideally have familiarity with any wireless communication system
This role will be based at our Cambourne office, based 9 miles from Cambridge city centre (with frequent direct bus services).
MediaTek technology is already part of your everyday life
Did you know that nearly 1 in 3 mobile phones is powered by MediaTek? We lead the market in chipset sales for Smartphone, Smart TVs, Voice Assistant Devices & Android tablets. MediaTek works with the brands you love to provide feature rich, premium technology at mass-market prices and enable billions of people to explore their true potential – their Everyday Genius. Find out more at mediatek.com.
Our engineers have a great passion and work ethic, have a broad set of technical skills and are ready to master new technologies and tackle some of industry’s greatest challenges. We pride ourselves on our global collaborative team culture and a competitive compensation package. We know that each person makes important contributions, and that they are integral to our success.
It’s easy to apply -
To apply for this exciting opportunity please visit careers.mediatek.com and search for ‘Graduate Wireless Software Engineer 2022’. Please include a brief cover letter to let us why you feel you are suited to this exciting role. Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
MTK Wireless Ltd
Building 2010 Cambourne Business Park