• How do we drive the corporate transition to a circular economy?
• How do physical product companies grow in an increasingly digital world?
• How can we uncover, invent and create in an entirely new market?
• How can we best lead global businesses despite the unprecedented uncertainty?
• How can we invent, create, test and launch new products faster than ever before?
As an expert strategic innovation team these are just some of the questions that we have helped corporate leaders to address. Ultimately we enable companies to grow new business by creating adjacent and transformational innovation.
As an innovation business unit of specialist electronics consultancy Plextek Services Limited, the 'Ignite Exponential' team particularly specialises in creating new products and experiences enabled by the exponential growth of connected/IoT technologies and business models.
Our team brings together an unusual combination of hands-on capabilities in developing future products with a track record in strategic innovation, marketing, design, technology and manufacturing in many different industries. To help us better support our customers we’re looking to grow the team. There is no template, and no fixed job description – ideally we want to cocreate your future role at Ignite with you.
Depending on your background, experience and motivation the role might involve:
- Leading and operating innovation projects: for example understanding customer needs, creating new concepts (products, technologies etc), developing demonstrators for new technologies and prototyping solutions, analysing new business models, and working along senior corporate leaders to deliver these innovations for their organisation.
- Relationship management: developing strong commercial relationships with senior customer executives (VP, Dir etc), and maintaining these relationships during project delivery and beyond to promote positive outcomes and create repeat customers.
- New customer development: sales trips, conferences, lead development and planning and writing proposals and presentations for new projects.
- Building the team and facilities: helping to continue to develop the team, facilities and offerings to ensure that the Ignite studio and workshop has the appropriate equipment facilities and environment for the work our growing team needs to do.
Successful candidates will bring their own specific expertise to the table (which might be in strategy, innovation, design, engineering or other disciplines) as well as an aptitude to work across disciplines, methodologies and markets understanding customers’ challenges and creating new solutions alongside the existing team. Previous experience in consulting or corporate environments is helpful. A passion for meaningful innovation, a proactive attitude and strong communication and collaboration skills are essential.
If you’re interested to explore where a role with Ignite take you – please get in touch!
Plextek Building, London Road Great Chesterford