We are looking for a passionate Innovation Coordinator to join Digital Catapult and support our growing team of Innovation experts in delivering Innovation Services and Programmes that accelerate the adoption of advanced digital technologies in the UK. This is an entry level role within our Innovation Practice team. The successful candidate will support the team in coordinating, programming, delivering, monitoring and documenting our programmes and activities, including workshops, bootcamps, Pitch Days, and other events.
You will be researching and engaging ground-breaking start-ups and scaleups as well as corporates, government, non-profit organisations and universities with Digital Catapult in our centre near King’s Cross (currently hybrid working). The role will include support in qualitative research and interviewing, assisting with internal and external communications, workshop facilitation and reporting, documentation and analysis, community management, and widespread coordination working with a variety of experts and stakeholders. This is a 12 month fixed term contract.
What You’ll Do
- Working on a variety of projects and events across technologies and industries that engage start-ups and scaleups with larger industry players and research organisations
- Supporting the planning and delivery of innovation workshops, meetups and other events as part of our innovation services and programmes, including preparing presentation slides, facilitating workshops, and supporting on workshop reports
- Supporting regular communication with external stakeholders including funders, sponsors, small businesses and technologists
- Taking an active role in delivery across multiple projects with competing needs and schedules
- Working with functions across Digital Catapult, including marketing, legal, technology and partnerships to plan and deliver impactful and smooth engagements that benefit all stakeholders
What We’re Looking For
- Intellectually curious and passionate about innovation and advanced digital technologies and keen to deliver events or provide specialist business support
- Outstanding organisational skills and an understanding of innovation and collaboration methodologies (e.g. design thinking, agile)
- Clear communicator with strong interpersonal skills and experience of stakeholder engagement
- Effective time management and prioritisation skills with the ability to keep track and remain informed across multiple topics
- The ability to work effectively as part of multifunctional teams and to balance different business needs to achieve defined outcomes