At Digital Catapult, our Innovation Managers are called Innovation Partners due to the close, strategically important partnerships they build with our clients and stakeholders. The Innovation Partner will lead Digital Catapult’s Innovation Practice projects and activities, manage our key relationships and will seek opportunities to deepen our impact, grow our reputation and expand our reach across Northern Ireland. In the first instance the role will have a strong focus on delivering a FutureScope Acceleration Programme linked to nano-technology, though focus areas might change over time.
A connection to the stakeholders across key NI sectors is essential to ensure we design and deliver activities that are impactful for businesses and industries in Northern Ireland.
What You’ll Do
- Own the delivery of large scale acceleration and innovation activities, confidently managing a small multidisciplinary team from across Digital Catapult
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders to deliver project objectives
- Build robust acceleration and innovation programmes to convene an ecosystem of innovators who can access cutting-edge facilities and technology expertise to develop their products and services
- Effectively manage budgets, risk and resources on innovation activities
- Educate clients, co-workers and broader stakeholders on the value of technology innovation and the work of Innovation Practice and Digital Catapult
What We’re Looking For
- Experience in designing and delivering innovation, acceleration and/or digital transformation initiatives to drive business and/or ecosystem impact, applying a variety of innovation methods as appropriate with previous experience in one of the following environments - accelerators, consulting, corporate innovation or startup
- Well versed in innovation methodologies such as design thinking, agile, user centred design and open innovation
- A curious mindset teamed with a proactive, dynamic and pragmatic approach to leading cross functional teams, driving projects forward, and achieving collaborative and meaningful outcomes
- An understanding of advanced digital technologies, including 5G, IoT, AI, AR and photonics, or a curiosity and willingness and ability to learn
- Vision and tenacity paired with clarity and pragmaticism to work through challenges and achieve meaningful outcomes
Belfast, Northern Ireland