We are offering the opportunity for an exceptional graduate to join our team in summer 2020. We are looking for a logical thinker who can use their science, engineering or mathematical background to analyse and solve software design challenges across various development projects. The successful applicant will use a variety of approaches, from theoretical modelling and simulation to hands-on prototyping and testing.
eg technology is a product development consultancy that has grown steadily since being founded in 2002.
We are successful because we form deep relationships with our clients, understanding their needs and the ways in which we can best help them to transform ideas into successful products. eg don’t just come up with good ideas – we deliver real products based on innovation. We develop products across a wide range of technology sectors, with the common goal of making an impact on people’s lives.
At eg technology, it’s all about working together as a team; we share our ideas, expertise and knowledge to ensure that everyone can contribute to a project, whilst also feeling supported in a relaxed and enjoyable working environment based at our offices in Cambridge.
Brief Description of the Role:
We are looking for a logical thinker who can use their science, engineering or mathematical background to analyse and solve software design challenges across various development projects. You will use a variety of approaches, from theoretical modelling and simulation to hands-on prototyping and testing. This is a consultancy role involving end-to-end development, quality and testing. You will have the ability to adapt the appropriate development environment and language for a particular technology and client, an aptitude for software architecture, design, implementation and testing ready for release.
Your continued development is paramount to us and we will offer tailored guidance and support while you are working on interesting and challenging projects.
You will represent the company through external meetings with clients and suppliers, as well as being an effective member of internal project teams.
Software concept development, detailed design, implementation, documentation, prototyping, testing and software build and release as required for consultancy projects.
Software development is to be undertaken in accordance with industry standards and working within an ISO 13485 quality management system.
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS:
This role requires a logical thinker who demonstrates:
- Good C++ / C#, preferably with some understanding or a willingness to learn embedded and desktop or mobile programming.
- Basic experience of developing software for at least one or more of; Windows, Linux, macOS, Android, iOS or for embedded devices.
- Experience of, or an interest in using real time operating systems: e.g. FreeRTOS, WindRiver, QNX, Windows Embedded or similar.
- Experience of, or an interest in, mobile and embedded platforms, kernel mode software, device drivers, 3D graphics, Bluetooth, networking, SPI, I2C and serial communications.
- A basic understanding of communications protocol design, user interface design, security and cryptography.
- Fundamental awareness of the principles of software engineering, including specification and verification within the full software development life cycle.
- Experience with cloud Web Services, such as Microsoft Azure is not essential but an advantage.
- Experience with software engineering tools, such as issue trackers and source code control, is not essential but an advantage.
- A basic understanding or willingness to learn Test Driven & Behaviour Driven Development.
- An ambition to work on software development in medical and diagnostic devices, consumer products, biotechnology, laboratory or test equipment.
- An ability to communicate ideas, concepts and designs and contribute to design and code re-views.
- The ability to manage your own time and tasks within projects to time and budget constraints.
- A willingness to learn about current legislation and harmonized standards applicable to our client’s projects. eg MDR, IVDR, ISO 14971, ISO 13485, IEC 62304.
- On track to achieve, or already have, a relevant honours degree, minimum 2:1.
To apply, please email a covering letter explaining why you would like to work for eg technology together with your CV and any supporting information to email@example.com.
eg technology ltd