This position is responsible for technical work in Airgain UK lab.
Essential Job Functions
- Support the antenna design engineers in prototyping, test and measurement of antenna systems;
- Build prototypes of antenna and mock-ups of devices using antennas;
- Produce PCB prototypes using LPKF milling machine and 3D printers;
- Test antenna performance using anechoic chamber and other equipment;
- Keep equipment in a clean and serviceable condition and ensure the safe removal of waste;
- Arrange for calibration and repair of laboratory instruments and tools;
- Perform periodic internal calibrations of the anechoic chamber;
- Ensure the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced and that everything is clearly and correctly labelled;
- Ship samples to customers and other Airgain offices;
- *Other duties as required.
- Education level: diploma or degree in a technical subject;
- Experience level: 3 or more years of experience in a similar role;
- Ability in building prototypes of PCBs, antennas and other components using tools such as milling machines, 3D printers and soldering irons
- Experience in operating RF instrumentation (VNAs, Spectrum Analyzers);
- Familiarity with some 2D and 3D drawing packages;
- Capability of creating simple PCB layouts desirable;
- Basic knowledge of Python or Matlab a plus;
- Commitment to deliver projects on-time;
- Self-motivated and reliable.
- Must be able to work a normal M-F schedule on site.
- Must be able to work in UK.
CPC2 Capital Park