Arm is looking for an enthusiastic candidate with an embedded engineering background who is keen to break into the world of product marketing and take on a more business focused role. Successful applicants will be responsible for supporting the portfolio product management team, working with them on the marketing and analysis aspects of product management.
Main Activities and Responsibilities
- Market Analysis - Artificial intelligence and Machine Learning is becoming pervasive in all computing applications, in particular IoT microcontroller class devices, also known as Endpoint AI. Successful candidates will be responsible for detail market analysis in this area being able to effectively track and present its size, value, breakdown and evolution.
- Technical Analysis - Tracking and presenting technical trends within the endpoint AI, sensor and embedded market. Researching these trends in order to make predictions and help advise on product strategy. Evaluation of key products from silicon partners and create report summaries.
- Proof of Concept management - Coordinating and driving completion and deployment of the Proof of concept demos.
- Collateral Management - Working with Biz Dev and Outbound Marketing teams to ensure that our collateral is up to date and matches the market needs.
- Event Co-ordination - Working with the outbound marketing teams to identify and execute on event-based outreach opportunities.
Successful applicants will be working closely with the product management team giving them exposure to all aspects of product management. These areas would include defining product strategy, pricing strategy, defining product requirements, engaging with partners, collaborating and liaising with engineering, support, legal and licencing teams. The role would be valuable experience for any candidate considering going into product management.
The successful candidate will learn the skills and tools to own a product and over time will be given increased responsibility to develop strategies to make Arm solutions successful in the market.
Preferred background and Experience
- University degree and engineering background
- Current knowledge of the IoT, Embedded and Endpoint AI market
- A minimum of 2 years experience working with embedded systems or relevant industries
Skills & Attributes
- Strong technical background and understanding of the IoT market from a semiconductor IP level, key components, to device development.
- Active communication with managers, team members, and colleagues/stakeholders in the organisation
- Enthusiasm, passion, and proactiveness to schedule own workload and plan tasks effectively
- High motivation to work unsupervised, both independently and as part of a team
- Exceptional skills in content development for market analysis and presentations; solid Microsoft Office skills
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.