Microsoft Research Cambridge (UK) is looking for exceptional Researcher candidates in all areas of machine learning.
The Microsoft Research Cambridge lab hosts over 130 full-time researchers and engineers who collaboratively pursue research on machine learning, systems and networking, programming languages, synthetic biology, medical imaging and human experience and design.
The “All Data AI (ADA)” team studies machine learning models of structured and complex data such as molecules, computer programs, knowledge graphs, and other structures.
We explore ML on challenging real-world problems with nontrivial patterns of missing data, extreme sparsity, non-stationarity.
And we turn this research into reality, applying our research to real-world microsoft products and problems.
The successful applicant would be expected to develop a program of research in machine learning methods, enabling new capabilities for complex real-world problems. This is an exceptional opportunity to drive ambitious research while collaborating with product teams in one of the largest software companies in the world.
The application should include a curriculum vitae (CV), three referees, and a research statement (approximately 2 pages) which takes into account the unique opportunities provided by the Microsoft Research environment.
Further information is available at the following websites:
You will be fundamentally driven by a desire to change the world through deep research. We believe that only by solving real-world problems can we know we have really made progress on the fundamentals of machine learning theory. The responsibilities will include:
- Definition of machine learning problems which address a variety of real-world scenarios.
- Design and development of novel robust and efficient machine-learning/deep-learning algorithms.
- Publishing work at top conferences and journals such as NeurIPS, ICML, AAAI.
- Supervision of interns.
• Completed PhD (or close to completion of PhD).
• Publications at top conferences and journals such as: NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, CVPR, ICCV …)
• Hands-on experience with deep learning techniques and toolboxes (e.g., PyTorch, TensorFlow).
• Strong software development skills, e.g.: Python, C++, C#.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.