We are offering an amazing opportunity for a creative mechanical/industrial design engineer graduate to join our team in late summer 2020. We are looking for a logical thinker who can use their science/engineering/mathematical background to analyse and solve design challenges across varied developmental projects using a variety of approaches from theoretical modelling and simulation to hands-on prototyping and testing.
eg technology is a product engineering design and development specialist based in Cambridge UK. We work with companies worldwide to deliver inspiring and marketable products across a wide range of market sectors including medical devices, lab & biotech, food & drink manufacturing and consumer electronics.
At eg technology, it’s all about working together as a team; we share our ideas, expertise and knowledge to ensure that everyone can contribute to a project, whilst also feeling supported in a relaxed and enjoyable working environment based at our office in Cambridge.
We are offering an amazing opportunity for a creative graduate to join our team in late summer 2020.
Brief description of the role
We are looking for a logical thinker who can use their science/engineering/mathematical background to analyse and solve design challenges across varied developmental projects using a variety of approaches from theoretical modelling and simulation to hands-on prototyping and testing. You will be involved in the full product development lifecycle from generating initial ideas and creation of concepts, through engineering development, to the delivery of designs and documentation suitable for manufacture.
Your continued development is paramount to us and we will therefore offer tailored guidance and support whilst working on interesting and challenging projects.
You will represent the company through external meetings with clients and suppliers, as well as being an effective member of internal project teams.
To contribute as part of a team to work from client instructions on concept development, refinement and evaluation, prototyping, testing, detail design, design for assembly and transfer to manufacture as required for individual projects.
Designing to be undertaken in accordance with industry standards and working within an ISO 13485 quality management system.
Ideal candidate requirements
- A flair for creating and developing innovative and practical solutions to challenging problems often with stringent requirements.
- Have an understanding of the skills and tools used in problem analysis, concept development, detail design, evaluation and manufacture of lab instrumentation, medical devices, food and drink industry, industrial products and consumer products.
- Knowledge and evidence of CAD skills, ideally in Solidworks.
- Knowledge of different manufacturing processes and their suitability at different stages of the product development process and for different markets.
- Some knowledge of aesthetic design and user interaction would be an advantage.
- An ability to effectively communicate ideas and concepts through personal interactions, presentations, sketches and written reports.
- A keen eye for attention to detail across all of their work.
- A proactive and rational approach to the management of ambiguity, unknown factors and risk in projects.
- The skills to plan projects and manage their time effectively and efficiently against project time and budget constraints.
- An open attitude to working in a peer-review culture of project and design work.
- On track to achieve or have a relevant honours degree with a minimum of a 2:1.
eg technology ltd